Will the Blackberry Key2 work on Verizon network?
SOUNDACCTMUSIC
Enthusiast - Level 2

Will the Blackberry Key2 work on Verizon network?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Will the Blackberry Key2 work on Verizon network?
DickLewis
Contributor - Level 3

More or less the same question here: Will the Blackberry Key2 be whitelisted?

There is no CDMA, since Verizon is phasing it out.

It will depend on the LTE bands and VZW whitelisting the phone.

Be nice if they actually carried the KEY2.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Great question, SOUNDACCTMUSIC, knowing if your current devices are compatible with our network can truly be beneficial, especially with older models. The previous community member's response is correct, since our CDMA is in the process of being phased out, it would no longer be supported on our network. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause for you, and let us know if you have any other questions.

AnnaG_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
SOUNDACCTMUSIC
Enthusiast - Level 2

My question was on the BRAND NEW Blackberry Key2 NOT an old phone!!!!  And the new Key2 is NOT CDMA, hence my question.  I realize Verizon is phasing out CDMA but in the meantime if I purchase this BRAND NEW phone (which I would have to do on Amazon since Verizon is not selling it - very sad) will it work???!!!! 

​Content modified as required by Verizon Wireless Terms of Service

boringusername
Master - Level 1

Verizon Wireless Customer Support wrote:

Great question, SOUNDACCTMUSIC, knowing if your current devices are compatible with our network can truly be beneficial, especially with older models. The previous community member's response is correct, since our CDMA is in the process of being phased out, it would no longer be supported on our network. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause for you, and let us know if you have any other questions.

AnnaG_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

The Key2 is NEW phone not an old one. Geez Louise

boringusername
Master - Level 1

Dick Lewis wrote:

More or less the same question here: Will the Blackberry Key2 be whitelisted?

There is no CDMA, since Verizon is phasing it out.

It will depend on the LTE bands and VZW whitelisting the phone.

Be nice if they actually carried the KEY2.

If the phone had CDMA they could just put in an already active SIM and it should work. Since it doesn't it will have to have Verizon's version of VoLTE to call. Which means getting certified by Verizon. So putting in an active SIM still may work for data since it has all of Verizon LTE bands( 2,4,5,13,66 )

Verizon might have carried it if they went thorough the certification process. That's on Blackberry. Even if Verizon doesn't carry it you can just get it through Blackberry anyway. You can get an iPhone through Apple and not Verizon and it works this was for many phones

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

SOUNDACCTMUSIC, we know that a new device is very exciting. Though we have no specifics on if this device will be compatible with our network, you may watch for any updates at http://www.verizon.com/about/news.

Loren_VZW

0 Likes
DickLewis
Contributor - Level 3

Check that news often, even have it bookmarked. Almost no news there.

Still looking around wherever I can to see if the KEY2 will be whitelisted.

It has the correct LTE bands.

0 Likes
DONYOU64

Did Verizon answer the question ?

Are they supporting the Blackberry KEY2 ? 

0 Likes
SOUNDACCTMUSIC
Enthusiast - Level 2

No, they don't support. Neither Verizon, nor Blackberry are interested in $ from Blackberry fans in the US.  If you are a Blackberry user you are better off outside of the US