Re: Will the Blackberry Key2 work on Verizon network?
seelinger
Enthusiast - Level 2

I just need someone who will get it added and take ownership of this issue.  It will work as multiple people have alluded to.  I will move carriers before I move phones…have someone contact me please.

Brian [removed]

Content modified as required by Verizon Wireless Terms of Service

TS-CB
Enthusiast - Level 2

To the rest of the readers on this thread - sorry to have taken so long to catch something so obvious, that I'm now embarrassed FOR VZW, and fast reaching that state for BEING A VZW CUSTOMER

Anthony - which part of my post preceding the one you responded did DID YOU NOT GETt? Your asking me about FURTHER troubleshooting, and possibility of a reset procedure AFTER the first of two consecutive posts concluded in a confirming FULL functionality completely baffles the mind.

And I really hope it was the second post you responded to, b/c the alternative is to scary to think about.

@ seelinger - completely agree

@ autofrole - +100

Is it just me, or are the VZW side of this post about as effective customer service as an automated answering service? No solution has been offered. All we've been hearing is what you can't do, people. Or what's already clearly documented out there. So SERIOUSLY, does VZW truly consider all these responses of any more value than than a tape recorder?

TS-CB
Enthusiast - Level 2

@ VZW - your own customers are doing more to help each other than you with your "customer support" recordings.

That this thread's length is a result of YOUR customers helping each other is APPALLING.

Your "customer support" replies are EMBARRASSING. It'd be better it you didn't respond at all, if you don't have any capability to effect any help,  beyond that of tape recorder.

SERIOUSLY - I beta-tested for RIM for 4 years, and worked w VZW's network technicians work out how to solve the KeyOne HD voice provisioning.  This is beyond pathetic.

seelinger
Enthusiast - Level 2

Does anyone know how to actually get tier 2 support on the phone? Everyone says they are level 2, but then they are just dumbfounded by the simplest question…

ReadyToLeaveVerizon
Enthusiast - Level 1

This is REALLY getting ridiculous. Why won't Verizon add Key2 to the database? I can understand if they won't GUARANTEE that all functionality will work, as with the Key2 LE.  But they CAN and SHOULD still add it to the database.

By not adding the Key2 to the database, they are ENSURING that it won't work properly. And that is NOT right. In fact, it's downright SABOTAGE. They are LITERALLY sabotaging the devices of some customers. So I think it's time for a CLASS ACTION LAWSUIT. And there ARE grounds for such a lawsuit.

Think about it. They are charging EVERYONE the same, yet they are KNOWINGLY sabotaging the functionality of SOME devices. This insanity MUST stop.

rlariv

Wish they would give you the name of the level 2 guy I worked with! He had done all the pre work and has the DB guy lined up! I did not buy key2 yet because I can't afford it! But vzw here knows my account and could look up my account notes and help you people!

0 Likes
seelinger
Enthusiast - Level 2

I actually got mine turned on…the rejected form was because they were filling it out wrong. They need to basically say that the Key 2 IMEI is a Key 2 LE IMEI…after that, took all of 2 hours to start working. So key item is to say your IMEI is actually a Key2 LE. As for on here, I changed my profile so you should have been able to see my personal email rlariv, but not needed now.

0 Likes
TS-CB
Enthusiast - Level 2

Which merely punctuates the utter inanity of the situation on the back end. I mean, wow, just wrapping my head around this asinine situation is giving me a tension headache

0 Likes
bootsrachel
Enthusiast - Level 1

I had the same problem and was on the phone with support for an hour.  Couldn't get it to work and had to sadly return the phone. 

0 Likes
Thutcheson

What are you transitioning to?

0 Likes