Wifi question
Shynexo

I have a quick question about the wifi... when your on the phone with someone and you have your wifi enabled you can recieve BBMS..... would verizon charge you for having your wifi on while the mobile network is on?

sorry if I confused anyone :womanhappy:

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Wifi question
StreetDocRN
Champion - Level 1

Shynexo wrote:

I have a quick question about the wifi... when your on the phone with someone and you have your wifi enabled you can recieve BBMS..... would verizon charge you for having your wifi on while the mobile network is on?

Hi,

You are right, your question is not very clear.  However, I will try to explain data charges from Verizon.  You can have WiFi enabled and Mobile Network enabled at the same time.  Verizon charges you a flat $29.99 per month for data.  You can receive messages via Blackberry Messenger with either connection.  It does not matter, you are charged one flat fee for all data.  I often have my WiFi enabled while at home to enjoy the speed of my home WiFi, while at the same time I have Mobile Network on so that I may receive telephone calls.  If Mobile Network in disabled, you are not connected to the Verizon network and therefore will not receive calls or data through that connection.  If you had only WiFi enabled, you would still receive instant messages via BBM and others and internet via the browser.  Hope this helps you understand better your choices.

Doc

View solution in original post

0 Likes
StreetDocRN
Champion - Level 1

Shynexo wrote:

Hi,

You are right, your question is not very clear.  However, I will try to explain data charges from Verizon.  You can have WiFi enabled and Mobile Network enabled at the same time.  Verizon charges you a flat $29.99 per month for data.  You can receive messages via Blackberry Messenger with either connection.  It does not matter, you are charged one flat fee for all data.  I often have my WiFi enabled while at home to enjoy the speed of my home WiFi, while at the same time I have Mobile Network on so that I may receive telephone calls.  If Mobile Network in disabled, you are not connected to the Verizon network and therefore will not receive calls or data through that connection.  If you had only WiFi enabled, you would still receive instant messages via BBM and others and internet via the browser.  Hope this helps you understand better your choices.

Doc

0 Likes
Shynexo

Just to clerify I dont have unlimited data. I have the $15 per month. 

And what your telling me is ... they wont charge me it would just count as data ?

0 Likes
StreetDocRN
Champion - Level 1

Hi,

Ahhh, you got one of the $15 data plans when they ran that promotion a few months ago.  Any data sent or received over the WiFi does not count towards your data plan.  What I would do if it were me would be to disable Mobile Network when I wanted to chat on Blackberry Messenger, just to make sure I am not using any of my data plan.  Then, when finished, connect back to the mobile network so you can make or receive calls and text messages.  The WiFi is a great way to save money and keep from using your data plan minutes.  Just to reinterate, any data sent/received via WiFi does not count against your data plan.  Hope that helps.

Doc

0 Likes