Wifi calling on Android (Priv)
dallasdingle

Recently  received Marshmallow update including option for wifi calling.Wifi calling is only turned on when cellular signal is super weak or not available at all. I was able to "force" the wifi calling on at home with airplane mode and then turning wifi back on.That is desirable as my signal at home and office varies quite a bit and wifi calling allows consistent service. Now today at our office, I can't use phone in airplane mode with wifi turned on.It shows a message "turn off airplane mode to make call". Other people with Iphones seem to be able to accomplish wifi calling in airplane mode in this same location (office). Any assistance  or insight would be appreciated. Thanks

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Wifi calling on Android (Priv)
dallasdingle

After a few hours of not working, now the wifi calling works effectively when I turn on the airplane mode and toggle wifi back on. It has worked in mutiple homes, so seems consistent now.

Should be good to go at this point.

Thanks!

0 Likes
dallasdingle

Ok.... Not quite right as yet. At our office  with airplane mode set to on and then wifi toggled back on I can make calls and it shows the little telephone icon with wireless waves next to it indicating I am using wifi for the call. Unfortunately the phone does not ring when in incoming call occurs.I turn airplane mode off and calls come in fine. It was working yesterday on wifi only at least for a while. Perhaps Verizon still working on fine tuning wifi calling?

0 Likes
KJJohnson37
Enthusiast - Level 3

Has there been any movement on this issue?  I called in to 611 and spoke with someone about 4/5 months ago and they said they were aware of the problem and would get back to me (imagine that...they never did!  ha ha)kleol_vzwharleye_vzw

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

KJJohnson37, I know how helpful WiFi Calling can be, so we are here to help review things further. We definitely want to help assist as you have been working with this problem for so long. Let's gather some more clues as this is not a very common issue to experience. By chance, have you toggled the WiFi settings for when your phone goes dormant?

The are to check is called 'Keep Wi-Fi on during sleep' : (Settings > Wi-Fi > Menu (3 vertical dots) > Advanced > 'Keep Wi-Fi on during sleep'

This can help make sure that this feature stays active. It is possible that the phone recognizes that signal is on, but if the connection is interrupted; this may be a cause for the problems you are experiencing. Let us know if this makes a difference with some or all of the issues. If this is continuing, please send me a DM, and I can set up a review for this issue. I have followed you just in case we need to troubleshoot further via DM. Thank you for working with us.

NicandroN_VZW

Please follow us on twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
KJJohnson37
Enthusiast - Level 3

I will check that, however my problem seems to be activating WIFI Calling

(Advanced Calling).  I attempt to activate that, it tells me that my

account already enrolled and I have to reset my device to enjoy WIFI

calling.  I do that and nothing changes.  Can you help with this?

Ken J[Removed]

personal information removed as required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service

Message edited by Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Ken, we can understand your concern regarding Wi-Fi calling. We are still here and will continue providing support. It appears that you have posted your mobile number on this public form. We are asking that you delete the post that contains your mobile number in order to protect your privacy.

Ralpht_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
db131994

Was this issue corrected?  I suffer from the same problems...  I've had issues with my phone connecting to our Network Extender, so I would like to use WiFi calling.  When I turn on airplane mode, then turn wifi back on, I can't make calls...  Please help.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I'm so sorry that you're not able to connect to your Network Extender, or use WiFi Calling. I would be just as concerned over this, as I rely heavily on my phone. 

Can you please tell me when this started happening? Have you tried using WiFi Calling without the phone being in Airplane Mode? Also, do you have a 3G Network Extender, or a 4G Network Extender? 

VanessaS_VZW

0 Likes