Wi-Fi connection issues - Blackberry Storm 2
mb2588
Not sure if someone already posted a thread related to this but after looking around i couldn't find a solution to the problem i am currently having.

I just received a new Storm 2 from Verizon through an exchange program after returning the first Storm 2 i received because the screen cracked and have been having issues with the Wi-Fi function.

When attempting to set up the wi-fi network, the scanning done by the phone comes back with "no networks found" unless i am right next to the router in our home (but even when next to the router, the signal is extremely low). With the first Storm 2 i received i did not have this issue at all, and could be anywhere in my home while connected to the Wi-Fi network. Additionally, when out in a public setting, the phone also comes back with "no networks found," eventhough my friends who have similar phones are able to find wi-fi networks.

I've been attempting to fix this for the past two days, and have taken it to the Verizon store to be fixed as well but have still been unable to connect to a wi-fi network. The only thing i could think is that the settings for the Wi-Fi configuration is wrong, or the radio within the phone connecting to a Wi-Fi network is malfunctioning.
Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Wi-Fi connection issues - Blackberry Storm 2
Ezymoney

Im thinking of getting the storm. Is it a good phone?

0 Likes
BFM

I just got the Storm 2 and I'm also having WiFi issues. The WiFi signal is bringing down my home network! I had to disable it to get internet connectivity back on my computer.

I would really encourage you to try the touch screen before committing to the phone. I had the Pearl, and I was much quicker with that that the Storm2.  I'm giving it a few more days, but I will likely return it and go back to my Pearl. The editing function on the Storm2 is really slow and hard to set. If you have to correct a mistake a few lines up you have to touch the screen which creates a marker that then has to be placed exactly after the letter to be changed. There are no alignment markings; it is all a matter of trial and error. The trackball/cursor combination on the Pearl worked in a split second. The Storm2 is no iPhone!

0 Likes
wayne8888

I would say after using the Storm1, that the Storm 2 is like a breath of fresh air! The Storm 1 (9530) straddles the line between a promising device and a piece of @#$%^&. The lack of wifi was not the greatest problem in my opinion it was the memory leak which caused lots of freezing up and necessitated a lot of battery pulls.  With the Storm2 the doubling of the on board memory has made the problem of low application memory a thing of the past. Another improvement is the ability to type much more rapidly and accurately on the touch screen (night and day improvement)! The Storm2 is everything the Storm1 should have been! I am happy that after 10 months of using the 9530, that I purchased an unlocked Storm2 (at a better price than Verizon charges for no contract but locked Storm2's)! Fortunately, I have not seen the problems with Wifi, it connects seamlessly to my Apple Airport Extreme both at home and at work.

Wayne

0 Likes