Why is it taking so long for the Bold 9650?
SrGodLess

Sprint has a release date, verizon does not, does that mean we should go to sprint? 

I would really like to go with verizon, but if they can't produce a date, then what? 

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Why is it taking so long for the Bold 9650?
StreetDocRN
Champion - Level 1

SrGodLess wrote:

Sprint has a release date, verizon does not, does that mean we should go to sprint? 

I would really like to go with verizon, but if they can't produce a date, then what? 

I think the Bold will be coming to Verizon Wireless close to the date that Sprint announced.  I believe one of the reasons VzW has not announced a date is that they don't want to affect current sales on smartphones.  If you can get good reception with Sprint, then by all means, go for it if that is what you want.  I know that in my area, Sprint does not have good service.  Verizon and Cellular South are the carriers in my area with good signals.  Anyways, just my opinion.

Doc

0 Likes
SrGodLess

But wouldn't this be treating customers poorly? To just ignore them and push them off to sprint?

0 Likes
vereyezuhn
Master - Level 3

SrGodLess wrote:

But wouldn't this be treating customers poorly? To just ignore them and push them off to sprint?

Who said Verizon was pushing their customers off to Sprint? It's YOUR choice who you go with, and if you decide to leave because you can't wait for a release, that's not them pushing you off. That's you being impatient.

0 Likes
SrGodLess

I am patient thats why i'm still waiting , the problem is not patience, its about providing a release date for your customers. 

Just like ATT announced the blackblerry slide for june , where as verizon has kept quiet about this device, as if they don't want to sell any?

0 Likes
JB21386
Contributor - Level 1

SrGodLess wrote:

I am patient thats why i'm still waiting , the problem is not patience, its about providing a release date for your customers. 

Just like ATT announced the blackblerry slide for june , where as verizon has kept quiet about this device, as if they don't want to sell any?

I think you are confused on rumors on the internet and what has been officially talked about.

The "blackberry slider" is a rumored device (though I am sure it is real), it doesn't even have an official name. NO carrier has announced a release date for this. 

0 Likes
SrGodLess

Regardless the Spring Bold (tour2 or whatever) is real, and has a real release date of May 23th. Just as the verizon bold is real, and has been passed around some at verizon, they have the rebate forms out for it. So clearly they are getting it, but why keep it quiet>?

Unless you think verizon makes up fake phones on their own rebate forms? 

0 Likes
SrGodLess

Here is your proof that the blackberry 9650 is in fact on verizon

http://support.vzw.com/pdf/collateral/CONSUMER0510EN.pdf

0 Likes
vereyezuhn
Master - Level 3

SrGodLess wrote:

Here is your proof that the blackberry 9650 is in fact on verizon

http://support.vzw.com/pdf/collateral/CONSUMER0510EN.pdf

If you have proof, why are you getting all upset? Verizon's probably testing it right now and does not even KNOW when they are going to release it. It could have a ton of problems, you don't know.

0 Likes
JB21386
Contributor - Level 1

SrGodLess wrote:

Regardless the Spring Bold (tour2 or whatever) is real, and has a real release date of May 23th. Just as the verizon bold is real, and has been passed around some at verizon, they have the rebate forms out for it. So clearly they are getting it, but why keep it quiet>?

Unless you think verizon makes up fake phones on their own rebate forms? 

I was refering to the " blackberry slider". 

Why are you blaming Verizon? How do you know the hold up isn't with RIM and getting the thing to Verizon. And that the other carries have just set a date. There are a lot of pieces of the puzzle that we don't know before you blame Verizon. 

0 Likes