Re: Why hasn't Verizon pushed Marshmallow for the Blackberry Priv yet?
ggendel
Contributor - Level 1

Nice to get confirmation that matches my three-way conversation with Verizon and Blackberry Support.  BTW, our company's unlocked Privs have arrived.  Marshmallow does improve performance and battery life significantly.  The fine-grained permission control allow me to install apps that, for security reasons, I couldn't before.  The overheating issue seems to be resolved as well in the tasks that caused it on Lollipop.

One minor drawback is that typing on the PKB on the home screen no longer goes right into BB Device Search under the Nova launcher.  It looks like Nova on MM needs an app like tasker to replicate this function.  Nova on Lollipop behaved correctly but lags a bit before bringing up the Device Search window after a recent BB update.  I'm getting used to quick-launching BB Device Search manually so it's not a big problem.  Besides, most employees will use the stock BB launcher.

0 Likes
DickLewis
Contributor - Level 3

Tired of Verizon after over 16+ years. Looking to find a deal on basic phones for other 3 on my account.

When I find the right price, Verizon is out, some other carrier like AT&T is in.

PHHHBBBTTT!

tomgnc1
Enthusiast - Level 2

Off the Blackberry website. (Sorry for the delay in answering you but I was in a major accident and Verizon was the last thing on my mind).

0 Likes
ggendel
Contributor - Level 1

Sounds like you've got your priorities straight. Speedy recovery and welcome back.

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

The update has been released, i.e.,

PRIV by BlackBerry Software Update | Verizon Wireless

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

OMG, I'm absolutely shocked that it was released!

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
DickLewis
Contributor - Level 3
0 Likes
tomgnc1
Enthusiast - Level 2

Verizon told me on chat that update had been released 16 hours ago and I should receive a notification within a week. Time will tell.

0 Likes
HMJAM622
Enthusiast - Level 2

FYI>>>>>>If you are not getting the update, do a soft reboot if that don't work you have to reset your phone. I have the MM now after resetting my phone!

0 Likes
aysoref

How do you reset your phone? A complete powerful off then on did nothing

for me.

0 Likes