Why can't I get e-mails or text messages?
shoshahabh

Is anyone else having issues with their BB? I woke up this morning and my phone was off, Then I kept getting a java script error, then I'd get an App 601 error and it said reset. My husband called me and when we were done with the conversation though he hung up, I was still showing as being connected. It must have been at least five minutes or more before the call disconnected. I can't check emails or text messages. I had a problem on Sunday too with the track ball not working and when I locked the phone and then tried to unlock it, it didn't want to work properly. It finally worked the next day. But today it's not working at all. My husband said something about a hacking? So I thought I'd check to see if anyone else is having issues.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Blackberry Issues - Phone calls don't disconnect, can't get emails, text messages
SydneyK
Master - Level 3

The app 601 error reset message can mean a botched app install. Did you recently install any apps? If so, uninstall and do a battery pull. If you added more than one, you can try adding them back one at a time. I wouldn't worry about hacking. It's probably just something that didn't install right, but it doesn't necessarily mean the app is bad.

Here's something you can try if you ever have problems getting e-mails: Go to Options > Advanced > Host Routing Table, press the menu key and select Register. Go to Setup > Email, select the e-mail account and resend your service books.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: Blackberry Issues - Phone calls don't disconnect, can't get emails, text messages
SydneyK
Master - Level 3

The app 601 error reset message can mean a botched app install. Did you recently install any apps? If so, uninstall and do a battery pull. If you added more than one, you can try adding them back one at a time. I wouldn't worry about hacking. It's probably just something that didn't install right, but it doesn't necessarily mean the app is bad.

Here's something you can try if you ever have problems getting e-mails: Go to Options > Advanced > Host Routing Table, press the menu key and select Register. Go to Setup > Email, select the e-mail account and resend your service books.

0 Likes