Why can't I add my Bold 9650 to my account?
tconrads

I have a Blackberry Bold 9650 that I set aside a few years ago.  My current Verizon smartphone is on the fritz, so I want to bring back the Blackberry.  However, when I entered the MEID, Verizon said it is no longer supported.  Is this really true?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Why can't I add my Bold 9650 to my account?
dexman
Community Leader
Community Leader

Verizon Wireless has closed off the legacy CDMA network in preparation for the activation of the new 5G network. As such, older phones that cannot send voice calls over the 4G/LTE network are no longer able to be brought back onto the network.

My old Samsung Galaxy S4 (which I kept as a spare phone) is in this exact same situation.

0 Likes
Re: Why can't I add my Bold 9650 to my account?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

tconrads, although I am glad to hear that you have a spare cell phone available to use, we are regretful to confirm that dexman's statement about activations for legacy devices are correct. If you have a non-4G device, you will not be able to complete a successful activation. To clarify, what's going on with your current phone? We're here to help.

Lorenzo_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes