Re: Where is the update for BlackBerry 10.3????
JackCarr
Enthusiast - Level 3

First off, congratulations on your new BB Z10.  It's a great phone, despite what the mass media is reporting about BlackBerry devices.  My advice to you would be to take a surf out to crackberry.com and take a look at the threads concerning the 10.3.1 update.  You'll find several threads that have step-by-step instructions on how to update your Z10 on your own.  I also have a Z10 with Verizon and decided to take the plunge and do the update myself.  I'm certain that Verizon would recommend against doing this, but, after thoroughly backing up the device, I applied the update.  Version 10.3.1 is excellent.  Being that we're in June and the first iteration of 10.3 was released in February, I'm uncertain as to when or even if Verizon will be releasing this update for first generation BB10 devices.  That having been said, it is possible to do it yourself and it does work.

Enjoy your Z10!  It was good on 10.2.  It's even better on 10.3.

0 Likes
powdah
Enthusiast - Level 3

I also have a Z10.  10.3.1 made a big leap.  10.3.2 has now been released to ALL carriers.  It is even better.  Do not wait for MA BELL (Verizon) to release it.  Your phone will be will past prime by then.

0 Likes
powdah
Enthusiast - Level 3

One thing I find interesting about our comments is that there is no Verizon rebuttal.

0 Likes
leewclark
Contributor - Level 1

What would you expect them to say?  Unless they can tell the masses when they are going to push the update, they are better off saying nothing.  They did give us a site to check on the first page of this thread.  But again they did not know when the update is going to be pushed..  If they repeat the company line about letting us know when they know, they know that is not statisfactory...

0 Likes
bb10qnx
Contributor - Level 1

Does this help....

BlackBerry 10.3.2 and BlackBerry Blend 1.2 Coming to All BlackBerry 10 Devices | Inside BlackBerry

Now you have the data regarding the update.

Now, what will be VZW's excuse to continue to hinder its BB10 users?

0 Likes
AD_Mega

I haven't received the update but Verizon's software update page says 6/16/2015 as the date  blackberry Q10,Z10 and Z30  was updated so I will keep checking for the update. I don't know it its the 10.3.1 or 10.3.2.

0 Likes
bb10qnx
Contributor - Level 1

It may just mean that their page was updated on 6/16/2015 to show there is still no update.

bb10qnx
Contributor - Level 1