Re: Where is the update for BlackBerry 10.3????
ThomF
Enthusiast - Level 1

We went through this waiting for the 10.2 update last year.  Verizon was the last carrier on the planet to provide that update.  It is possible 10.3.1 may be available in 6 to 8 months, but given Verizon's track record, I wouldn't count on it.  By the time (if) they make the 10.3.1 update available, 10.4 will be out, and again, Verizon will be way behind the curve.  This is all too typical for Verizon.  Their support for Blackberry has been almost non-existent.

powdah
Enthusiast - Level 3

BB opened up for more beta testers for 10.3.2.  I tried to sign up.  Unfortunately, Verizon subscribers are not accepted.

I have a GSM phone.  I think I might activate it with Cricket and add a tracking program to see how coverage is.  In theory it is ATT and should be close to Verizon.

May need to jump ship.

Verizon needs to realize that those of us who are part of a small user group are as important as IFruit and Android users.

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

I almost tried Cricket based on their coverage map.  But, after hearing about many others having tried it in my area, I called Cricket.  They told me that they didn't recommend me signing up because the maps were very wrong.  I asked, "Why is Cricket covering the entire US almost?"  They said they base the map on ATT's coverage, but that the actual coverage is very very sporadic.  This confused me greatly.  I went elsewhere.

0 Likes
ardimus
Enthusiast - Level 2

It has been a month since the last reply to this thread?  No 10.3 update yet.  Any from Verizon care to help answer this question?

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

Reference Vzw-Rep's response in post #5.

0 Likes
Midwest95
Enthusiast - Level 1

Was that really your best answer Snn5? I was researching this myself. I guess we have nothing.

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

I re-reviewed the thread but was unable to find an earlier post that referenced any input you had contributed.  I must have missed your question you asked that I answered.

0 Likes
Midwest95
Enthusiast - Level 1

No I was just responding to your previous comment. That's all

0 Likes
sfgwyn
Enthusiast - Level 2

verizonstinks powdah, this fails to answer our question. I have to use Blackberry and need to assess 10.3 on an international account. When?

Our choice, it is too walk and not look back, but I believe your coverage is globally better. Amazon app store is coming out of 10.3 LEAP, Z30's. Do you understand? Our customer has been waiting for this advantage for years. Better built device, security, convenience: all added to one complaint device. Sorry your marketing snoops will not get big data, if customers sandbox you. You have spread malware at an unbelievable rate.

Corporate assets do not need to be throw-away devices at $700+ and leak corporate data at an expense larger than this appliance costs.

0 Likes
JEnglishSmithII
Enthusiast - Level 2

Would love to get a new update on this from a Verizon admin soon. Just purchased a Z10 and would love to see the 10.3 update get pushed out to users sometime this summer!

0 Likes