Re: When will Verizon push Android Marshmallow for the Blackberry Priv?
pherson
Champion - Level 1

Oh geez you can't even spell my user name correctly yet you are the expert on what your phone needs? Carry on.

0 Likes
ggendel
Contributor - Level 1

You cut me to the quick with your snappy comeback... Ouch!

I guess we all know what you think of the VP of Verizon Wireless.  She misspelled my name on an email. I guess that makes her a bad manager based on your criteria.

0 Likes
pherson
Champion - Level 1

Attention is in the details.

0 Likes
ggendel
Contributor - Level 1

You do realize how hypocritical your statement is?  You have a super fragile ego if you have to resort meaningless sound bytes.

0 Likes
pherson
Champion - Level 1

The funny thing is you are complaining about a software upgrade that is not gonna fix anything and the carrier that you are on hasn't pushed out, which to me sounds like it's no longer gonna be supported. But you complain I have a fragile ego? I abandoned BB a long time ago. But it's funny to see your replies as if life depends on having this phone. Talk about fragile.

0 Likes
ggendel
Contributor - Level 1

As usual, you missed the whole point of this discussion.  I fight for principles not for one consumer product. This isn't about one phone but it's about Verizon's modus operandi.  See:

PSA: If you like updates, don’t buy the Google Pixel phone from Verizon | Ars Technica

http://www.androidcentral.com/dont-buy-your-google-pixel-verizon

I have no ego problem. Show me your credentials and I'll show you mine.

Ms-Mon
Enthusiast - Level 2

Not having security updates and application permission settings is a risk. I work in an industry with Critical Energy Infrastructure Information (CEII). I have an expectation that the service I pay VZW for does not leave me open to unnecessary risks. This is important, security is important.  YFT, KS

ggendel
Contributor - Level 1

Very cool.  I had to research CEII and spent a few hours perusing the FERC site.  What a vital and exciting area to work in.

rgray
Contributor - Level 1

Why not start hitting up VZW on chat when ever you have some time. You know they're not going to tell you anything new but maybe it will bring some attention to us . Just say that you haven't received any security updates and post what verizon had to say.

0 Likes
mnrdtl
Enthusiast - Level 3

Maybe Verizon has been to busy trying to coverup their overage charges to customers to work on the Priv MM update. I can install Nougat on my old G3 if i want to right now, but there is no MM for the Priv. VERY SAD VERIZON

0 Likes