Re: When will Verizon push Android Marshmallow for the Blackberry Priv?
MIDLANDOS

Spent some time at Verizon today, also on the phone and finally with chat. All responses regarding when the update will be pushed were vague and non-committal.

The problem is my corporate IT dept will no longer allow corporate access with my phone running current version 5.1.1 (Lollipop). I MUST update my PRIV to 6.0 (Marshmallow) by November 06 or lose my ability to do my job.

Verizon has not been willing to help solve my problem. The phone was purchased less than two months ago. Their solution? Upgrade a line, pay more money to purchase another phone that has the Marshmallow update already installed. Price to do this? $3-$400.00.

It sucks that after 19 years being a customer of Verizon I must switch carriers. But I also have to do my job.

0 Likes
ggendel
Contributor - Level 1

Was in exactly the same boat and feel your pain.  Picked up an unlocked Priv from the BB shop and moved the whole company from Verizon. You beat me as I've only been with Verizon for 12 years.  The Priv was strike three for VZW.

0 Likes
DickLewis
Contributor - Level 3

In BBM Group where some members have heard from Verizon users that have finally gotten an upgrade.

About 1.5gb, so it must be something. Nothing on my Priv nor PRIV by BlackBerry Software Update | Verizon Wireless yet. Smiley Sad

0 Likes
ggendel
Contributor - Level 1

No such luck. The November security patches have been pushed to every carrier's phones except Verizon.  The tally is now up to 227 vulnerability patches not provided by Verizon. http://crackberry.com/blackberry-priv-november-beta-update-now-available

0 Likes
MIDLANDOS

Talked again with Verizon customer feedback department. Again, no solution and no offer to solve my problem one way or the other.

As many people have the same problem as I, and with no solution. Will discuss with corporate discontinuing use of Verizon as a carrier.

0 Likes
DickLewis
Contributor - Level 3

It is finally official, announcement on their page

PRIV by BlackBerry Software Update | Verizon Wireless

Too bad it cannot be downloaded and installed without waiting for OTA.

0 Likes
ggendel
Contributor - Level 1

Yes, it's been pushed extremely slowly.  I've only heard of ~3 people getting it.  Now that it's official, maybe it will come faster.

0 Likes
HMJAM622
Enthusiast - Level 2

FYI>>>>>>If you are not getting the update, do a soft reboot if that don't work you have to reset your phone. I have the MM now after resetting my phone!

0 Likes
KJJohnson37
Enthusiast - Level 3

I finally got Marshmallow pushed to me early yesterday!  I really wish Verizon handled this different (maybe give the PRIV users a basic timeline or even an update in a community blog...ugh).

That being said I am still having issuse with WI-FI calling and the "swipe to text".  Is anyone else?

0 Likes
nicoleb_vzw
Verizon Employee

KJJohnson37,

Glad to learn you were able to get the update to your phone. We want this to enhance all the features you have with your device. What issues are you having with the wi-fi calling and swipe to text? Please let us know so we can best assist.

NicoleB_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes