Re: When will Verizon push 10.3.1 to Z10?
JackCarr
Enthusiast - Level 3

We "little people" will never get that kind of detailed insight as to what's going on behind the scenes.  The problem as I see it is that BlackBerry released a garbage update that wreaked havoc with their phones.  BlackBerry has historically been notorious for making announcements about things, new devices, updates, etc., that don't materialize for some time after the announcement is made.  Apparently their OS updates are following that pattern.  10.2 is rock solid and works great.  I'm perfectly content to wait several months until they iron out all the bugs in these latest BB 10.3 OS updates.  Check CrackBerry and keep reading the horror stories about people with Z30's and Z10's that are paperweights.  It's just not worth trying to load until it's ready.  Don't blame Verizon...blame BlackBerry.  Verizon doesn't create BB10 OS updates for BlackBerry devices...BlackBerry does. 

You'll know when it's ready when your Verizon BlackBerry tells you that there's an OS 10.3 update ready to download.  It's tempting to download some of these pre-released updates through avenues other than Verizon's own update utility.  My advice...steer clear!  Read the stories on CrackBerry.  Not good! 

I write all these things as a Z10 owner.  I've got a burning curiosity just as much as the next BlackBerry 10 owner, but at least right now...my Z10 works and it's solid. 

Peace be to you.     

rgray
Contributor - Level 1

I got tired of waiting and upgraded my Q10 and Z10 to 10.3.1 months ago using an autoloader file. These autoloaders are available through Blackberry fan sites like Crackberry.com. There's everything you need to know about upgrading yourself.

I'm currently running 10.3.1865 with out any problems.

0 Likes
powdah
Enthusiast - Level 3

Never - they want us to become Isheep

1brian11
Enthusiast - Level 1

this is getting ridiculous. How can a major carrier like Verizon have no information on this yet? I run 3 BB devices on Verizon and will be taking my business elsewhere if I do not get some communication from this carrier.

You can bet that iPhone users and Samsung owners do not have to wait this long. Why does Verizon treat BB owners like second class citizens?

First they lied to me in the store saying they do not sell BB at all, either on line or in the store, then they try to talk me out of the purchase with misinformation regarding the new OS (bb10), then when I get the devices, I go to the store for a car charger and they tell me that my devices will soon be unsupported as Verizon is discontinuing all BB support.

Despite all this, I make my purchase(s), like my devices, and cannot get timely updates.

The least Verizon can do is issue a release with some information. This radio silence is unconscionable.

powdah
Enthusiast - Level 3

MA BELLLLLLOLLLLLLL

0 Likes
powdah
Enthusiast - Level 3

BB opened up for more beta testers for 10.3.2.  I tried to sign up.  Unfortunately, Verizon subscribers are not accepted.

I have a GSM phone.  I think I might activate it with Cricket and add a tracking program to see how coverage is.  In theory it is ATT and should be close to Verizon.

May need to jump ship.

Verizon needs to realize that those of us who are part of a small user group are as important as IFruit and Android users.

0 Likes
JackCarr
Enthusiast - Level 3

Have been reading the feedback on one of the 10.3 releases, 10.3.1.2726.  For the most part, people are saying it's solid.  After backing up my Z10 using BlackBerry link, I used the non-destructive Sachesi method to load up this OS.  It's fantastic!  Worked the first time.  I'm on Verizon and running BB 10.3.1.2726!  Overall, with one exception I like it much better than 10.2.  The view on the calendar isn't as detailed as it used to be.  You used to be able to see multiple dots on any given date that had multiple events.  Now all you see is one dot on a date regardless of the number of events.

Overall...much better!

0 Likes
TMATATI
Enthusiast - Level 2

You can blame BlackBerry or you can blame Verizon, (Plenty of blame to go around. ) results in the end are the same, we've been waiting way too long for the update . Informational updates could have helped give us some feelings that we had some value as a BlackBerry customer. It is time for me for a new phone and the iPhone 6 is replacing my Z30. Good luck to all who waits....

0 Likes
JackCarr
Enthusiast - Level 3

Amazing!  That's exactly what they want you to do...ditch your BB10 device for an iPhone!  They'll probably remove this post...but here goes.  Surf out to CrackBerry.com and search for:

OS 10.3.1.2726 Live Links

When you've found that thread, the first page of it has the files you need.  About six pages in, there's a step by step process of how to update your phone including how to thoroughly back it up. 

I'm on Verizon with a BlackBerry Z10 currently running version 10.3.1.2744.  I upgraded to 10.3.1.2726 and then went to 10.3.1.2744.  It's much better than 10.2.

I was afraid to try this at first, but decided to go for it because of the frustration of waiting for something that I saw other people were saying was great.  I've had an iPhone before.  It's a fine product.  I prefer BB10 however.  That's what gave me the courage to pull the trigger and do this.  My Z10 is like a brand new phone now. 

In your post, you say you have a Z30.  That's a better BB10 phone than my Z10!  What a shame that you're going to ditch it because Verizon won't release the OS update. Oh well...I guess Verizon wins and some salesman gets a commission.    

powdah
Enthusiast - Level 3

Can I have your Z30.  I run my business through my phone, so it would be nice to have a spare while learning how to update with leaks.

0 Likes