Re: When will Verizon push 10.3.1 to Z10?
rickyrelaxo
Enthusiast - Level 2

Well should be in a few weeks since AT&T has already released it.

0 Likes
cookiesandoranges

Hopefully that's true! Since they released the Classic today Smiley Happy Blackberry should just make the updates available via their website rather than us having to wait on carriers with their option of giving us the update or not.

0 Likes
narntek
Contributor - Level 3

I think a lot of the problem with mainstream CDMA carriers getting the updates to you, is that Verizon or similar CDMA carriers have to put their own software into the phone, for their own Apps, etc. Essentially, they test run it and install their bloatware into the software and then push it onto your phone. The reason I think this, is because the first carriers to get the update, when you have a phone with them, they don't have much carrier added software put onto their phones.

TMATATI
Enthusiast - Level 2

It is now March, most of the world has been updated to 10.3.1.  Verizon touts being a leader...falling short in this area.  Can you atleast give us a time line ?  There is a lot of productivity enhancements in this update, Big Red, you are holding us back !

JackCarr
Enthusiast - Level 3

From what I've read on Crackberry, Verizon can take their time with it.  There are a lot of people who have BlackBerry's that have become paperweights after installing the new version of the OS.  Lots of problems.  I just upgraded from a Q10 to a Z10 and I'm very happy with it.  10.2 works like a champ.  I'm excited about what 10.3 offers, but I'd much rather have a fully functional Z10 running 10.2 than a paperweight. 

0 Likes
3SGTO
Enthusiast - Level 1

Yea I agree but a response from Verizon about a time line of when it will be released would be nice! Post here to make this thread noticed if you want Verizon to do something!!!

JackCarr
Enthusiast - Level 3

I would like to see all the benefits of 10.3 as well, but they couldn't even give us an advance date on a hardware arrival.  Does anyone honestly think they're going to give a delivery date on a BB10 OS rollout?  That's even more problematic than a new phone.  Software testing and integration can be a tedious process.  It all depends on how detailed they get with the testing.  I'm guesstimating several months and then maybe.  My advice is...revel in 10.2 and read the CrackBerry forums on all the people with non-functional phones who've loaded 10.3.  Enjoy your fully-functional BlackBerry, comrade!       

madcorgi
Enthusiast - Level 1

Why do you not have a date?  It is already released so there is no real reason to hold it back.  When an iOS update is release, you guys are all over it.  Are you planning to release it?  Do you even care about your BlackBerry customers?

JORENO
Enthusiast - Level 1

This is true, BlackBerry pulled the update for Z30

0 Likes
DickLewis
Contributor - Level 3

10.3.1.1418 is available from Verizon for Z30/Classic, no other models yet.

Carriers outside US still have 2243 and 2267 available, depending on carrier.

Some carriers have decided to do further testing, but you can get the upgrade, running 10.3.1.2267 on my Z30.

0 Likes