When reset, BB Tour says i have an unread sms / mms message
fozzie33

Whenever I do a battery pull, my BB tour shows that I have 1 to 3 unread sms/mms messages.

I search through all folders and it shows that all messages are read.... the only way i've gotten it to get rid of this, is to backup my Blackberry, delete the SMS and MMS folders, then copy back over the two folders from the backup.... this gets rid of the unread message icon, until my next reboot.

anyone else have this problem?

it isn't missed calls.... already checked that.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: When reset, BB Tour says i have an unread sms / mms message
StreetDocRN
Champion - Level 1

Hi,

Check out this thread and see if it helps.

Doc

0 Likes
fozzie33

nope... tried that, nothing hidden that i see...

0 Likes
StreetDocRN
Champion - Level 1

Hi,

Ok, see if this thread over in the Blackberry forums might help.  We'll figure this thing out...

Doc

0 Likes
sadie85
Contributor - Level 3

If you couldn't find it by searching this might work...I've used it with email messages but it's worth a shot!

In your SMS folder, go to options>general options, at the very bottom change keep messages to forever and save it. Then go back out to the folder and search again for unread messages.

0 Likes
fozzie33

nope, nothing found....

as i said earlier...

If i delete all my SMS & MMS folders using Desktop Manager, and restart, the notification is gone, i can then restore the SMS and MMS folders and all is kosher until i pull the battery again for a restart.

- Tim

0 Likes
StreetDocRN
Champion - Level 1

Tim,

On your Tour, what version of OS are you using?  On mine I have v5.0.0.591 platform 4.2.0.284, which is Verizon's latest.  You can check by going to Options>About.

Doc

0 Likes
fozzie33

Blackberry 9630

V 5.0.0.591 (Bundle 1059, platform 4.2.0.284)

0 Likes
StreetDocRN
Champion - Level 1

Thanks...I'm going to check some stuff and I will get back with you on your problem. 

Doc

0 Likes
StreetDocRN
Champion - Level 1

Tim,

Sorry I took a while to get back to you.  I have looked all over the internet and the most common solution comes up.  Go to your Messages folder and open it.  Press V and it will show your saved messages.  See if one of those messages is not opened.  If so, there is your problem.  Other than that, it must be a software problem.  I can only recommend backing up your infomation with Blackberry Desktop Manager and then wiping your device.  Then, reload your device's software and see if that clears up the problem once and for all.  Keep me updated...

Doc

0 Likes