Re: When is Verizon going to FINALLY release the Blackberry Priv?!? Why so long?
sonja102
Enthusiast - Level 2

Well actually, verizon has already made an announcement that they were going to carry the Blackberry Priv‎ several months ago, in fact it was a few months after AT&T released the device. Then shortly after Sprint & TMobile released the device, they asked up to sign up for emails to get the latest updates on the release (they initially said it would be January 2016). That was in November. Our frustration lies in the fact that we signed up for these updates & all we've heard are crickets... Again, therein lies my frustration. We pay top dollar for the service, as well as the devices, but get customer service that, frankly, [removal required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service] !

Sent from my BlackBerry 10 smartphone on the Verizon Wireless 4G LTE network.

Re: When is Verizon going to FINALLY release the Blackberry Priv?!? Why so long?
Tidbits
Legend

Seems like you are just arguing to argue and don't want to face the truth.

Verizon will not make an announcement until they are ready. No matter what you say here is relevant to them. If you want the device now then switch to a carrier that offers it. This has always been every carriers MO since forever.

Anyway I am done here, and best of luck getting the information you seek as we all know won't happen.

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

I am aware of what they said. Coming soon

Also you may not be aware. BB doesn't have the same capacity they did 10 year ago. You also may not be aware no one knows the exclusive agreement details are. So Verizon may be under a gag for the time being until the exclusive is over. Sure T-Mobile started selling it about a week ago... BB could possibly put all their eggs in the GSM variant first due to exclusivity and possibly now started to make the CDMA variants, and that could be part of the exclusivity deal.

Anyway doesn't matter. Either you wait or switch. Since you know it's coming that's your only options.

0 Likes
VWCM
Enthusiast - Level 3

Not sure what the "truth" is according to you. If it's that they will not announce until they are ready, I have agreed with that many times so I'm assuming you are speaking about another "truth". Since you have appeared to be highly confused throughout our discussion, I am going to wager that whatever this "truth" is, it is actually wrong.

You keep bringing up the same moot points over and over again. Sounds like you are either having difficulty with reading comprehension (which is okay, some people do), or you are commending just to comment. Either way, its been interesting to say the least.

~Chrono2050

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

Truth

Are they selling it now? Did they give a date they are selling it?

When they said coming soon everyone knew there was am exclusive deal and no one knows what that deal is. Anyone in the industry KNOWS for a FACT exclusive deals means NDAs are involved.

I bet when that exclusive deal officially ends is when Verizon will give a date like they always have unless the manufacturer drops the deal like Sony did recently.

0 Likes
VWCM
Enthusiast - Level 3

Welcome back Tidbits!

It is possible that it is due to an exclusive deal. There are also rumors that they are waiting to have the bugs fixed (there have been bugs reported) and to release the device with Marshmallow. Either way, this is all just speculation for now. We'll have to wait and see.

0 Likes
jasken
Enthusiast - Level 1

Five months ago or so a leaked image of a Priv running on Verizon's network appears.

Around the same time, evleaks announced this device would be coming to all four major U.S. carriers through Twitter.

Shortly thereafter, John Chen/BlackBerry announced that the Priv would indeed come to all four major U.S. carriers.

In the first week of November, John Nelson/Verizon announces the Priv will be coming to Verizon "soon" on Twitter.

In Dec, John Langre/T-Mo announces they are working out a deal with BlackBerry to carry the Priv.

Also at the end of Dec the Verizon model of the Priv passes through the FCC.

On Jan. 6th, Big As exclusive deal with the Priv ends, T-Mo. immediately announces they will have the Priv by the end of Jan.  They delivered on that promise.

Also shortly after the exclusivity, Jeff Nelson tweets that the Priv is currently undergoing testing (by Verizon)

Jeff Nelson continues to tweet that the Priv is "coming soon".

Jeff Nelson then tweets that the Priv will be coming to Verizon by the end of March (if not sooner).

And on and on with the "coming soon" from both BlackBerry and Verizon.

For some of us we have known about this "slider" since MWC 2015.

As to the announcement about and announcement...  Well, BlackBerry did announce (one month ago) that they will make a future announcement (before the end of Feb.) for when they plan to roll out Marshmallow.  So, they announced the announcement that will announce the date of the rollout.

All of this waiting is driving many of us nuts, and some to other carriers.  I am one who participates in one of those other forums and I can attest that many feel this issue is more than just a faux pas.  Verizon, you are leaving your customers hanging here and seriously upset.

For the last four months we have been hearing "coming soon" from both BlackBerry and Verizon.  This is a little more than ridiculous.  I have been off contract for months now and am losing patience.  "Soon", and boy do I mean soon, I am going to leave Verizon and take my family plan (and cable/Internet, too) to someone else.

VWCM
Enthusiast - Level 3

I hear you jasken. Their vague "soon" has become more than a little irritating. I guess that given enough time, their "soon" will actually begin to mean soon. I have been out of contract for YEARS and have remained loyal, but the exit door has begun to look more and more tempting with each passing day. If you did leave, I wouldn't blame you. Good luck to you!

sonja102
Enthusiast - Level 2

I concur. I have been month-to-month for close to a year now with Verizon and like jasken‎, I too will be jumping ship if I don't hear something definite, or if this device is not release by the end of March. Enough is enough and I'd much rather be with a company that values me as a customer as well as my opinion.

postitthoughts

OMG, they're doing pre-orders of the GS7 before releasing the PRIV. [Removal required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service]

Thank you,

Verizon Moderator

0 Likes