Re: When is Verizon going to FINALLY release the Blackberry Priv?!? Why so long?
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

And if such an announcement is in contrary to the DND agreement, the cost is very high aka the employee is fired.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Re: When is Verizon going to FINALLY release the Blackberry Priv?!? Why so long?
VWCM
Enthusiast - Level 3

Again, unwarranted assumptions being made, not sure why...no one is asking employees to go rogue and leak information. Looking for Verizon to be good to its loyal customers and provide something, anything, even if it is NOT the actual release date...just toss us a bone...

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

They will not. They never have. They will not announce not say anything until they are ready. No carrier does for that matter.

0 Likes
VWCM
Enthusiast - Level 3

Tidbits:

That part is true for not just Verizon, but for all companies. However, you are completely missing the point.

...anyway, doesn't matter because it is apparent that this forum is a complete waste of time.

~Chrono2050

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

I am not missing the point.  I know what you are saying, but the point is they will not and that's you answer.  THEY NEVER HAVE.

0 Likes
VWCM
Enthusiast - Level 3

Someone who misses the point but insists that they haven't and therefore continues as such...I have to admit, a bit humorous. Props for making me laugh lol

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

So what's the point am I missing,

Your point you want them to tell you something as the "right thing to do" correct?  Like an announcement when they will make an announcement(This sounds more humorous) or an actual announcement when and if they'll carry the devices.

So to that answer they will not because they never have... I am spot on man... 

0 Likes
VWCM
Enthusiast - Level 3

Are you on the right track? Yes. Are you spot on? Not at all.

I know how businesses work, in fact I have a degree in Business and years of experience. And I have stated that you are right that Verizon, nor any other company, will disseminate information prior to being ready, so what is it I want then? If you can answer that question correctly, perhaps you'll understand why you are not "spot on". That is all I will say.

And as far as "an announcement when they will make an announcement" being humorous, I am not sure why you would find it as such. This is done all the time. Sometimes companies have a date set that that they allow to be public knowledge for when they will elaborate more about a product such as in specs, features, release date, etc. For example, during a keynote but it is not always that formal.

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

That's completely different... If you don't see how that is  different.

Let's explain why it is different. Manufacturers vs carriers. Manufacturers do it to show their new products. Carriers do not. They only announce when they'll carry a product. So you want them to make an announcement about an announcement on when they will carry a product. That's why it is humorous. Show me a company that announces when they will announce they will carry a product that isn't their own.

What you are trying to get is to find out of Verizon will carry it or not. The answer is they will not announce anything until they are ready. If you don't want to wait there are other carriers that offer it. Talk with your money...

0 Likes
VWCM
Enthusiast - Level 3

1) Yes, there is a big difference between a manufacturer and a retailer. My keynote example was just that, an example. I deliberately stated that it is not always that formal because it would definitely NOT be for a retailer. An announcement is really just communication whether formal or informal. You do not have to be a manufacturer to communicate.

2) No one is still interested in knowing whether Verizon will be carrying the device because they announced that they would months ago. The question on people's mind is, "When will the device be released?". Ideally, yes, that would be nice to know, but I am definitely not expecting to hear this information from them through this forum, or prior to them being ready to make the announcement.

3) I do not understand why you keep mentioning that they will NOT announce anything until they are ready. I have agreed with that point from the beginning so I am obviously NOT expecting them to do just that.

0 Likes