Want to get a blackberry.
Milkdudz145

My family is finally looking to get cell phones and we were looking through the family plans and decided on the family connect plan 1400 minutes or whatever and then we came to the screen to pick phones. I personally love the look of the blackberry tour and want one alot but to my dismay i didnt see it in the list of phones. I tried searching why I couldnt pick the blackberry but only found a few things regarding this issue. One being you have to have a data plan or something but i was reading the plan we picked and it said we have unlimited data or something not sure thought that was it but i guess not. So i was looking for some help on the issue as why i cant pick a blackberry tour for this plan any help is appreciated. 

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Want to get a blackberry.
XtremeBerry
Contributor - Level 3

I have the 1400 min plan and a Tour. I just tried and it did it to me also. What you can do is start wih picking the Tour and tell it ad to cart then it goes to the plans.

0 Likes
StreetDocRN
Champion - Level 1

Hey,

Welcome to the forums.  I have a family plan with 3 Blackberry phones.  What you want is the Family Select plan, not the Family Connect.  The Connect plan includes data for non-blackberry phones for WAP browsing the web.  The Blackberry requires a special smartphone Data plan for unlimited data and email.  That is why you could not select the Blackberry for that plan. 

Here's what my family chose.  First we chose our phones, 2 Tours and a Curve.  Then, I chose the Family Select 1400 plan for 3 phones.  Then, I added a $29.99 Blackberry data plan for each phone.  That was it.  With the Select plan, each phone shares the 1400 minutes, you all get unlimited text, picture, and video messaging and you get 10 Friends and Family phone numbers to enter in My Verizon for frequently called numbers so you don't use all your 1400 minutes calling your Aunt Sadie in Jackson, Mississippi.  Keep in mind the 10 F & F numbers are the same for all 3 phones to share, so pick carefully.  Of course, the numbers can be changed any time you want.  Any changes won't take affect until after 12 midnight of the day it was changed. 

With a plan like that, each Blackberry can text, instant message, and surf the web until the cows come home.  It is the perfect plan for a family who wants smartphones.  I hope this helps you with your choice.

Doc

0 Likes
XtremeBerry
Contributor - Level 3

LOL or what ^^^he said.:smileyvery-happy:

0 Likes
StreetDocRN
Champion - Level 1

I worked all night last night and was still under the influence of massive amounts of coffee...lol

Doc

0 Likes
XtremeBerry
Contributor - Level 3

I was laughing because I understood everything you said but you reminded me of my wife when I ask her a simple question and it takes an hour for the answer. Good post though with lots of info.  Kudos

0 Likes