Voicemail on the Z10
dbaynejr
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have tried to enter my password for voicemail and it does not work. I have tried the steps blackberry suggested and nothing. I created a voicemail contact and added the pause then password and have to hit the dial button a second time. I would like to hit call voicemail button once and it automaticlly enter the password. Any suggestion........ I know that I am not the only having this problem.

Labels (1)
Re: Voicemail on the Z10
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello dbaynejr,

Congrats on getting the new BlackBerry Z10. It is the definitely a game changer in the wireless world. I know that you are SUPEr eager to enjoy all of the benefits of your new device and that's what I am here to help you do. May I ask are you able to access your voice mail the traditional way on the phone? IF not then please advise of any issues that you may have ran into. If you are successful then I would suggest sending me a private message with your full name and mobile number so I can assist with setting up pauses on your voice mail contact. I'm looking forward to hearing from you.

Thank you...

ArnettH_VZW
VZWSupport
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
dbaynejr
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hello

I can get into my voice mail the traditional way. However on my last several phones I have been able to enter that password once and every time I called it would do it automatically for me. With the Z10 it seem like for some reason that has been blocked. It is nice to be able to program in the password so when I am driving all I have to do is hit the voicemail button instead needing to enter the password as well. My question is how can I program the password into my Z10 so all I need to do is hit the voicemail button once to listen to my messages.

Thanks Don

Donald Bayne

OWG

ArnettH_VZW,

I seem to be encountering the same issue as dbaynejr on my z10.

When I go to phone>settings>voicemail the access number is  grayed out.  While I can get to the dialog box for the "Set Password" box, putting my password and pressing the "OK" button in has no effect other than the "Set Password" button changing to "Change Password".   When I press the "back" left arrow at the bottom of the screen twice to get back to the main phone screen and press the  voicemail button in the upper left, the voicemail system prompts for a password which the phone _does_not_ provide.  If I go back to settings>voicemail the dialog box for the "Set Password" is back as if the password was never set.

0 Likes
Apinechip
Enthusiast - Level 1

Upgraded this week from BB Bold that stored VM password and I too have been unable to activate on z10.  I use remote blue-tooth on the road and do not want to manually enter password.  If not an option now, BB needs to add ASAP!

0 Likes
dbaynejr
Enthusiast - Level 2

This is not a BB problem it is a verizon problem. BB has away to add a password and for some reason Verizon has blocked it. Z10 users on other carriers can get theirs to work.

Don

RickinSD
Enthusiast - Level 3

Arnett, the area of the phone which we are talking about here is accessed this way on the Z10:

1.  Open the Phone app/screen

2.  Swipe down from the top and tap on the gear (settings)

3.  Tap on "Voice Mail"

4.  Tap the "Set Password" button.

I can type my password in here, but it won't save it.  This does not happen on other carrier's Z10's.  This was also a feature available on all Verizion BlackBerry phones in the past so I'm not sure why it's not there now.

What I did as a "workaround" until Verizon manages to release an OS upgrade to fix it is to create a Contact in my contact list using the *86 phone number and naming it "Voice Mail".  I added a "wait" signal followed by the password.  For some reason the "pause" function is not working either (which is suppose to pause 3 seconds and enter the code but isn't).  I have to tap the "Send" icon to enter the password, but at least it's easier then entering it in and it works on my Ford's SYNC system.

Note that I also the icon to one of the "favorite" spots at the top of the phone screen for easy access.  I just have to remember not to press the original Voice Mail button which is frozen there and cannot be deleted.

0 Likes
granola1861
Enthusiast - Level 2

Also having this problem.  Password not saving, BB does not show VM unread message (no blinking LED), and cannot access the VM number to change it. 

Why does VZW have to tinker with a good device??????

granola1861
Enthusiast - Level 2

Well I thought I had found a fix for this...I thought!

I finally decided that I should succumb to VW's backwards marketing and pay the $3/month for their Visual Voicemail (you know the marketing where they say the phone don't work right unless you pay us more). 

Last night I agreed to the Visual Voicemail and voila the VM icon went away!  Awesome!!  The hub no longer has any VM options at all.  In it's place is a Visual Voicemail option, cool!

Well this morning, after yet ANOTHER unauthorized restart of my phone (that is another glitch/issue altogether that I will not get into here) I go to unlock my phone and THERE IS THE VM ICON BACK ON MY SCREEN!!!!  The really odd thing is that it doesn't show up in the hub at all but only in the lock screen and when you use the "peek" method (slide slightly up and slightly right).  Yeah it is a step better but I really don't want my screen cluttered up with false icons.

Everywhere else that I look (BB forums, Crackberry.com, etc) all say this is a provider issue.  I'm kinda astounded that VW has this forum but I really haven't seen any messages from Verizon at all.  Why waste the time and dollars to have a forum if you're not going to respond to your customers. 

This has been an issue for several weeks now (for many other paying customers beyond myself) and I think we deserve at the very least a, "we're working on this issue".

Thanks for something???

-Loyal Verizon and Blackberry Customer

BDSC

I'm having the same issue.  I can manually access my voice mail, but I'd prefer to be able to set it up so that I have one touch (or one voice command) access to my voice mail, as I have with previous BB devices.  When I go to phone>settings>voicemail, the access number is grayed out.  While I can get to the "Set Password" dialog box, entering my password and pressing the "OK" button has no effect other than the "Set Password" button changing to "Change Password".

Is there a way for us to set up voice mail for hands-free access?

Thanks

0 Likes