Re: Verizon z10 Update 10.0.10.XXX needed for apps
sourz

agreed... unfortunately, apple has huge leverage over the carriers, so they have deadlines the carriers have to meet and hense universal update... i think... unlike other manufacturers.

also to the carriers defense... i dont want to get an update from blackberry or google and end up messing up my email cuz some code somewhere was not compatible with verizon's systems. but verizon generally is lazier than other carriers.

0 Likes
dingster1
Enthusiast - Level 2

The problem could be that Verizon is the ONLY U.S. CDMA carrier with the Z10. That means whatever updates come have to be modified from the GSM variants. However, we will see how long "COMING SOON" really means..

0 Likes
sourz

Actually.. did my research today.

Other carriers are having trouble with SMTP email after the update. which kinda of messes up the email part.

so i'll accept the random few reboots for the time being, until Verizon fully tests the new version and makes sure we get a update that's fully functional on the network.... i take back my orig. comment,

0 Likes
Not applicable

sourz wrote:

Actually.. did my research today.

Other carriers are having trouble with SMTP email after the update. which kinda of messes up the email part.

so i'll accept the random few reboots for the time being, until Verizon fully tests the new version and makes sure we get a update that's fully functional on the network.... i take back my orig. comment,

Actually a Simple Mail Transfer Protocol (smtp) is just a hand off from one domain to anothers mail server.

Your isp assigns their smtp and setting to you along with their pop receiving addresss. so if you have set up your email account correctly from your isp's website you then can test it for correct sending and receiving. Verizon and other sites are not really the problem (unless its verizon.net servers) the failure of sending and delivery are your own isp rejecting your credentials in most cases. The route to and from verizon is a simple hand off or relay. It could be the email is screwed up in your phone settings.

In example open another email app like outlook or aim or gmail and see if that has the same problems. bet you they wont .

For the record the native email app on many verizon phones is crappy and don't work as well as a stand alone email app.

http://email.about.com/cs/standards/a/smtp.htm Sorry I forgot the link for you. Enjoy

Message was edited by: Elector

0 Likes
travaz
Enthusiast - Level 2

Just go to Crackberry dot com and you can download many of the leaks (these are official BB Software)  You can even get 10.2  Full instrucions are on the site. 

0 Likes
DanD2
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yes, you could go to Crackberry and get a leaked version......BUT, we really shouldn't have to.Verizon is dragging their feet on this, heck, they can't even give us a status. As a Verizon customer, it makes me feel like they don't really care about Blackberry phones.

0 Likes