VZW is the ONLY carrier not offering an upgrade to 5.0 on the Blackberry Tour!
odellrm
0 Likes
Re: VZW is the ONLY carrier not offering an upgrade to 5.0 on the Blackberry Tour!
CELLFAN

That is because Verizon sucks and is also delaying the Tour 2 release due to this 5.0 OS issue. WHat a bunch of **bleep**...

0 Likes
Re: VZW is the ONLY carrier not offering an upgrade to 5.0 on the Blackberry Tour!
v2wings

I read today on techcrunch that the Tour 2 is being renamed  Bold.

0 Likes
drb4bb

Yup, it's been confirmed too. I guess RIM wants to change the Tour2 to the Bold since the Tour isn't a line that is available across a very wide spectrum of carriers. HOWEVER, it's inexcusable that Verizon doesn't release 5.0 for their Tour while every other carrier has released 5.0 for the Tour. You would have expected it to come out the day that Sprint released 5.0 for their Tour right? Nope, I guess not.

The presumable Bold 9750 is everything the Tour should have been in the first place: have Wi-Fi (although with Verizon's coverage it's not the big of a deal, but still the Curve has it, shouldn't the "better" older brother have Wi-Fi too?), the trackpad because we all know that so many of us have had problems with the Tour's trackball.

The least Verizon could do for its loyal customers is release freakin 5.0 for their Tour. I would switch to another carrier with the Bold 9700/9730 if I didn't know that Verizon would have a Bold-like version coming to their network. It's a shame they didn't have the original Bold 9700, though.

0 Likes
pmarcosa

You gotta wonder what's going on, (probably nothing good).  If I wasn't bundled I would probably head to sprint, just seems like they've got it together, and vzw has dropped the ball.  There should have been wifi and trackpad on my Tour, just my 2cts.

0 Likes
MadDogFL62
Contributor - Level 2

If you visit crackberry.com, I recall seeing a few posts out there that explains how you can remove some sort of vendor tag (a file?) and run the 5.0 upgrade on your Tour regardless of provider.  It's a legit download, however, it is still at your own risk.  Probably not a problem with VZ.  I am sure that VZ is just testing the upgrade after screwing up all of the Tour customers with the bad trackball.  If you use the phone for company business, you may also want to check to see if your BB Email Servers support 5.0.  Good luck.

0 Likes
srviratavw

I'm running 5.0 from Sprint on my Tour and haven't run across any problems.  You do need to remove the vendor.xml file before loading (and just remember to back up your data first!).  This went smoother with the AppLoader rather than the Desktop Manager, but Crackberry has all of the details in the forums.

In my opinion, the trackball problem is worse than no 5.0.  I just replaced mine and it works like it should have in the first place.

0 Likes