Upgraded Bold and Issues:
DJ_Boxer
Contributor - Level 1

I recently as of last night, upgraded my Tour to a New Bold and when I go to turn it on with a Battery Pull/button reset, I get a pop-up that says: "SMS Port already in use".  I have tried with and without SIM cards and it happens.  Here Is a Picture:

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Upgraded Bold and Issues:
DJ_Boxer
Contributor - Level 1

What's up Doc? :smileywink:I checked before I did the device switch wizard and it said that I have 5.0.0.732.   I solved it by deleting an older copy of VVM which was at versioning 1.#, while the other was at 2.#.  For some reason it transfered over.  Is the SIM card that came with the Bold a different version or can I just use either in my phone?

DJ

View solution in original post

0 Likes
StreetDocRN
Champion - Level 1

Hey, DJ,

Which version of OS is on your new Bold?  I know when I got mine a few weeks ago, it came with 5.0.0.699.  I upgraded to the 5.0.0.732.  If I remember right, I got that same error message on mine but I think it was before I upgraded.  I know I have not received that message since I am running the .732 OS.  Check and let me know.

Doc

0 Likes
DJ_Boxer
Contributor - Level 1

What's up Doc? :smileywink:I checked before I did the device switch wizard and it said that I have 5.0.0.732.   I solved it by deleting an older copy of VVM which was at versioning 1.#, while the other was at 2.#.  For some reason it transfered over.  Is the SIM card that came with the Bold a different version or can I just use either in my phone?

DJ

0 Likes
StreetDocRN
Champion - Level 1

Hi,

You can take the Sim card out and leave it out.  You don't need it.  If you decide to take a trip to Europe or Asia and want to use your phone over there, then you will need to put the Sim card back in.  Other than that, the Sim card is merely decoration on CDMA phones.

Doc

0 Likes
DJ_Boxer
Contributor - Level 1

I know, I just wanted to ask because the gold contacts are different shapes.  When I got my Bold the box said that it was 5.0.0.732.

DJ

0 Likes