Upgrade To Blackberry
CGB
I am considering upgrading to a Blackberry from a "regular" phone. I realize I will have to pay for a data package. One question I have is will the device work with a yahoo email account? And after I pay this monthly data package fee, will I have to pay any extra for the time I am online or how much data I download?
Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Upgrade To Blackberry
SaNDman
Contributor - Level 3
Yes. It suppose to work with a yahoo email account, you have to set it up on your Blackberry. As for the "data plan" it is "unlimited," which means you can email, browse as long as you want.:smileyvery-happy: 
0 Likes
cgbb
Enthusiast - Level 3
Even though it says the data is unlimited there is a 5 GB limit. I doubt you will ever reach that in a month though.
0 Likes
nmchileman
Master - Level 3
The 5GB limit would only apply when you're tethering your phone as a modem for internet access on a PC. Data directly on the device is infact unlimited.
0 Likes
SaNDman
Contributor - Level 3
Thanks. I neglected to mention about the tethering portion of data. But since I don't tether my Storm, never thought about it.:smileysurprised:
0 Likes
pianomanss87
Enthusiast - Level 3

There is an additional charge for the text message plan.

Piano Man

0 Likes
SaNDman
Contributor - Level 3
The text messages would be part of a "bundle" with the monthly plan you normaly pay, example 900 minutes (unlimited text, unlimited MMS) $89.00-$79.00.:smileywink:
0 Likes
XtremeBerry
Contributor - Level 3

FYI people always forget this 

The "Unlimited to Verizon" texting starts at the $10.00 package wich is 500 texts outside VZ and unlimited in VZ.

0 Likes
SaNDman
Contributor - Level 3

Yep. I stand corrected. I started with a similar deal when I first started with Verizon few years back. But continued loyalty to Verizon Wireless can get you the "package" I wrote.:smileyvery-happy: 

0 Likes
slphantom

so I am considering the same thing but I have a plan that is like $175 a month 1400 mins with 5 phones. how much would this data package add to my bill?

thanks in advance.

Scott 

0 Likes