Upgrade Storm to new OS
triciag
I received a msg on the Storm to upgrade so of course I blindly followed the directions to do so.  The last info was that the unit would be unavailable for about 2 hours.  Well its 6 hours later and the unti does not respond at all. It is plugged into the charger and all it does is flash a red light intermittantly - no response to any buttons.  When I plugged into laptop, my laptop recognizes a USB unit b ut the Blackberry application does not recognize a unit to restore or sync.  I've taken out the battery and reinstalled, plugged back into charger - trying to a void a trip to a Verizon store. Any suggestions? I'm becoming increasingly more disappointed with this unit for a variety of issues and at this point would hesitate to recommend it to anyone.
Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Upgrade Storm to new OS
SaNDman
Contributor - Level 3
Try removing the battery while the Storm is on. Maybe you have to register the device. But I recommend calling Verizon tech from a seperate phone so they can help you out.
0 Likes
ORNURSEHUMC
As your self I upgraded to the new OS. I have been unable to have my computer recongize the storm. It recognizes that there is something attached, and the storm does charge but nothing else. I have tried removing the battery. uninstalling and reinstalling everything. I am so frustrated. Does anyone have any ideas? I have windows xp.
0 Likes
EVO_Unlimited
Contributor - Level 2
Uninstall the OS, and reload the device with .75 Connect to your pc, and bring up the desktop manager, this will auto say there is an update, go through with it via follow the directions on the desktop manager. Once this is done, (about 60 minutes). Your device should reboot, re-register your data and such, and you should be fine. In the future, when there is an undate for your device, do it through the desktop manager. It's easier, and people have less problems. If it doesn't tell you there's an update automatically, then go to blackberry.com or crackberry.com, download the newest update, MAKE SURE THE BB IS NOT CONNECTED TO THE PC, it will install on your pc. Once it's finished installing, connect the BB to the pc, and start up desktop manager, now it will auto update your device. If this does not solve the problem, then you'll have to take it to a store and have a tech guy look at it. But again, update your device through the desktop manager. Un-install, and re-install to .75 then update to .149 through desktop manager. Let me know how you make out here.
0 Likes
ORNURSEHUMC

Thanks so much. I am new at this as you can tell. How do I unstall os to .75/

0 Likes
EVO_Unlimited
Contributor - Level 2

When you reload your phone, just install the .75 via desktop manager.

It should give you an option to downgrade to .75

Message Edited by EVO_Unlimited on 06-20-2009 10:38 AM
0 Likes