Upgrade Blackberry 9530
drivesafely

Hi,

I have v4.7.0.148 (Platform 4.0.0.181) installed in my 9530 (3G, CDMA) phone. I am not able to update it online from blackberry website. My device is having Enterprise activation. So it says to contact the Administrator for activation. We do not upgrade the device from the Blackberry Enterprise server.
I had also downloaded the software from other links provided here. I installed it and then run the loader.exe and tried to install, but same result. It does not allow me to upgrade.
I also wiped the device but same results. I cannot upgrade my device.

I get the error - "The Blackberry Desktop Software does not have Blackberry Device Software for the device you have connected to the computer. Contact your wireless service provider or system administrator."

Can someone please guide why is this happening ? Is it possible to upgrade my device somehow ?

Thanks in advance.

drivesafely

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Upgrade Blackberry 9530
StreetDocRN
Champion - Level 1

Hi,

The Web based update is only available for BIS users and will not work for Enterprise users.  You must download and install the latest Blackberry Desktop Manager from Blackberry.com.  Then install the update for your device, integrating it into Blackberry desktop Manager.  Connect your device to your computer and install as directed.

Doc

0 Likes
flyingmerkel

Hi I don't have an answer to your question here but I do have a question for you. I received a Storm 9530 Verizon with the sim card in it bit no SD card as payment for helping a friend move, I have no idea where he got it. Once I got it charged up I tried powering it up and I get a message saying that the software needs to be installed 561, just a white screen with that message. Anyway heres my question, after reading yours it sounds like you know what your doing, how do I load software into a none working Storm, any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank You 

0 Likes
StreetDocRN
Champion - Level 1

flyingmerkel wrote:

Hi I don't have an answer to your question here but I do have a question for you. I received a Storm 9530 Verizon with the sim card in it bit no SD card as payment for helping a friend move, I have no idea where he got it. Once I got it charged up I tried powering it up and I get a message saying that the software needs to be installed 561, just a white screen with that message. Anyway heres my question, after reading yours it sounds like you know what your doing, how do I load software into a none working Storm, any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank You 

You have a Blackberry that is referred to as "bricked."  You will need to reinstall your OS on the device.  Follow the instructions here for tips on reloading your OS.

Doc

0 Likes
drivesafely

Hi,

Thanks for reply.

I have tried all the possible ways to upgrade to latest OS, but i am getting below error,

"The Blackberry Desktop Software does not have Blackberry Device Software for the device you have connected to the computer. Contact your wireless service provider or system administrator."

I am not clear when you say - "Then install the update for your device, integrating it into Blackberry desktop Manager."

Can you please clear it more in brief ?

Thanks

Drivesafely

0 Likes
StreetDocRN
Champion - Level 1

Hi,

Download and install Blackberry Desktop Manager.  Then, download the upgrade from Verizon Wireless and install the upgrade file.  When the upgrade file is done installing on your computer, then attach your Blackberry device and open Blackberry Desktop Manager.  Follow the instructions and prompts to upgrade your device's software.  Make sure you back up your device before you upgrade your device's software.  This is important or you might lose your contacts and other personal files.

Doc

0 Likes
drivesafely

Hi,

I went to verizon Blackberry Software Updates page to download the software. It aks for a 10 digit Verizon Wireless number. But i do not have it :smileysad:

How do it download it without 10 digit Verizon Wireless number ?

Please help !

Thanks,

Drivesafely.

0 Likes
bb-gismo
Contributor - Level 1

Your 10 digit Verizon Wireless number is yor area code and phone number........ ( 1234567890 )

0 Likes
drivesafely

Hello to all,

Thanks for reply.

I download the software from Verizon and also installed it in my PC. Also updated the Desktop Manager to latest version. When i run the Application Loader from the Desktop manager, i get below error

"To enjoy the latest functionality from the selected BlackBerry Device Software upgrade, you'll need an active BlackBerry service subscription. Visit www.blackberry.com/service to learn more about Blackberry services."

I do not have any active BlackBerry service subscription at present. Can i upgrade my device without a active Blackberry service ? How, please guide.

Thanks again,

Drivesafely.

0 Likes
StreetDocRN
Champion - Level 1

Yes, you will need to contact customer service at (800) 922-0204, Monday-Sunday 6am-11pm.  Tell them you bought the phone and need to get a cell phone plan and a data plan.  You can look at the link here for more information on plans.  After that, you should be able to upgrade your phone.

Doc 

0 Likes