Updated my BB Storm to V5.0 now can't connect to vz manager
Wally71

i just updated my Storm to V5.0 and now when i tether my phone to my netbook the VZ manager doesn't recognize my phone as a modem. A window pops up and keeps saying configuring device. Can anybody help!! Thank you

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Updated my BB Storm to V5.0 now can't connect to vz manager
jrisebo

Same thing here, I was going to reinstall VZ acess manager and see if that helps. Anyone else have ideas

0 Likes
jrisebo

I reinstalled VZacess manager, no help. Its gotta be with the update, not VZ access. Hopefully someone fixes it.

0 Likes
StreetDocRN
Champion - Level 1

Wally71 wrote:

i just updated my Storm to V5.0 and now when i tether my phone to my netbook the VZ manager doesn't recognize my phone as a modem. A window pops up and keeps saying configuring device. Can anybody help!! Thank you

Hi,

I was reading in some other forums and may have found a fix.  Install the latest Blackberry Desktop Manager service pack SP1 found here.  Then try using VZAccess Manager and see if it works.

Doc

0 Likes
Vampyr

New OS doesn't seem to work with vzaccess manager v7. I uninstalled an reinstalled from the disk that was provided with the phone, vzaccess manger v6. Everything is back to normal.

Hope this helps!

0 Likes
StreetDocRN
Champion - Level 1

Hi,

I did see that in other forums, loading a prior version of VZAccess seems to work with the new Storm 5.0 OS.  If you need a copy of the old VZAccess and do not have the file or can not find a CD copy, go to Cnet.com and search there.  I believe they have a copy.

Doc

0 Likes
Wally71

Delete vz access v7  and install vz access v6 and see if that helps. it worked for me

0 Likes
RKMobile

I was on the phone with VZ Tech Support on 10/26/2009 without resolution.  I went to another blackberry forum, and the forum content suggested that I install 6.9 version.  So, I did.. and it worked until 11/2/2009.  I was with VZ Tech Support for 1+ hour without resolution.

Dial up with #777 or the VZAccess 6.9 does not work as of today.

Can a verizon tech tell me if they are working on this issue?  If so, when is the resolution date?

Thanks.

0 Likes
Michele-VzW
Contributor - Level 2

RKMobile wrote:

I was on the phone with VZ Tech Support on 10/26/2009 without resolution.  I went to another blackberry forum, and the forum content suggested that I install 6.9 version.  So, I did.. and it worked until 11/2/2009.  I was with VZ Tech Support for 1+ hour without resolution.

Dial up with #777 or the VZAccess 6.9 does not work as of today.

Can a verizon tech tell me if they are working on this issue?  If so, when is the resolution date?

Thanks.

Yes VZW Tech is aware and there is a temporary work around for this:

VZAM does not work after the upgrade. The work around is to setup DUN (Dial up networking) on Windows. Refer to the following BlackBerry Knowledge Base article or the steps below:

Windows XP Manual Dial Up Networking (DUN) Connection Instructions
  1. Go to the Control Panel and select Network Connections.
  2. In the network task box select Create a New Connection.
  3. In the wizard pop-up select Next.
  4. Select connect to the Internet and press Next.
  5. Select Set up my connection manually and press Next.
  6. Select Connect using a dialup modem and press Next.
  7. Check modem - standard modem (COM4) and press Next.
  8. Enter Verizon Wireless for the ISP Name and press Next.
  9. Type #777 in phone number field and press Next.
  10. Select Anyone's use and press Next.
  11. Leave all blanks in Internet Account Information and press Next.
  12. Check Add a Shortcut to My Desktop and press Finish.
  13. Go to Network Connections, select Verizon Wireless.
  14. Leave User name and password blank and press Dial. The setup is complete.

Windows 7 Manual Dial Up Networking (DUN) Connection Instructions

1. Go to the Control Panel and select Connect to the Internet.
  2. Select Connect using a dialup modem.
  3. If prompted, select standard modem.
  4. Type #777 in phone number field and Verizon Wireless in Connection name field.
  5. Select Connect.
  6. Verify that Device Manager is running.
  7. Go to Open Network and Connection Center, select Connect for Verizon Wireless.
  8. Leave User name and password blank and press Dial. The setup is complete.
0 Likes
JudeSh49

Most of the service agents don't know this, but you have to reinstall VZ Access each time you change your phone.  Also, if you don't upload/download the Blackberry software and the VZ access in the correct order, it won't work (and I can't remember which one you have to load first.  Uninstall both and try loading the Blackberry software first and then go to VZ and download the VZ access software.  It was so frustrating until I finally found a tech who knew exactly how to solve the problem.

JudeSh49

0 Likes