Unwanted icon appeared on my home Screen
SoccerRef
Contributor - Level 3

I recently downloaded the free Imagining_8300_mmmooo theme, which is very cool, but now there is an icon named "Web Link: MMMOOO themes" on my screen.  I went into setup/options/advanced options/applications and into setup/options/advanced options/service book and it is not listed to delete.  Any ideas?  Thanks in advance for your help.

SoccerRef

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Unwanted icon appeared on my home Screen
bb-gismo
Contributor - Level 1

I have a folder I made called "STUFF" in to whitch I put all the STUFF I dont want or need and then HIDE the folder.

If all else fails , this was my sulution.

( The turm STUFF is another word for Popo )

0 Likes
SoccerRef
Contributor - Level 3

Thanks, but that is like sweeping the dirt under the carpet, its still there.  It bugs me that they sneak this icon onto my phone.  I just want to completely get rid of it.  I was able to get rid of Face Book & BB Messenger by deleting them from the Service Book.

SoccerRef

0 Likes
StreetDocRN
Champion - Level 1

Hi,

I would imagine since the theme was free, that is a way the theme's designer or company can advertise.  That is one of the things about free apps is the advertising that is ususally installed with them.  Other than hiding the icon, the only choice is to delete the theme, which I'm sure you don't want to do since you like it. 

Doc

0 Likes
SoccerRef
Contributor - Level 3

I feel fairly confident that this web link is installed separately from the theme and should be able to be deleted.

SoccerRef

0 Likes
SoccerRef
Contributor - Level 3

Well, I really thought there would be someone out there with more experience than I that could figure this out, but it has been a week.

0 Likes
bb-gismo
Contributor - Level 1

I can only assume that you have tried highlighting the offending icon and used the BB menu to delete it.

You said you tried to delete it with the books.

You said you didn't want to sweep it under the rug.

Doesn't leave a whole lot of choices,

Having said all that, sometimes the really smart ones on here aren't on here when you think they should be, but one day they show up and all will be made whole again.

Be ready with the OS your are using.

When did it show up ?, after the last app download ?, after the last OS upgrade ?, When ?

What else have you tried ?

Things like that..................  Good Luck with it.

(one day Ill find a vacuum that will suck the stuff out from under my rug )

0 Likes
SoccerRef
Contributor - Level 3

BlackBerry Curve 8330 OS v4.5.0.175

0 Likes
MyTwoCents

Doc is right, it is part and parcel with the theme.  You can't get rid of one and keep the other.  You have to "sweep it under the rug" or delete the theme.  I don't use instant messaging so I stick junk like that and Bing in there and hide the folder, but the choice is yours. :smileyhappy:

0 Likes
Ezymoney

Press the menu button and press option and move or delete or hide/

0 Likes