Unwanted Audio
WAHayman
I recently opened a message from a friend. When I played the audio in the message it played as it should without any issue. After playing the message i deleted it and moved on. Now when I receive an e-mail, text message, or end a call the audio (song) plays and its not appropriate. Is this a virus? How do I get rid of it? Eventually it seems that it may get me in trouble. Pleas help...
Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Unwanted Audio
OperaDiva114

This is exactly the issue I have! I got a ringtone sent through MMS, and now it plays every time I open a text (even though I have since deleted the ringtone and original message)!

0 Likes
OperaDiva114

GOT IT TO STOP!

Try removing the battery & then putting it back in. Read that on another forum and it worked for me.

0 Likes
WAHayman

Well that seems to have worked for now.  I would like further input as to why this happens.  It almost seems that this could be used negatively and could be quite destructive.

0 Likes
lcooksey

This is one of many known issues with the OS 5.0.0.591 update from Verizon:

http://forums.crackberry.com/f141/known-issues-os-5-0-0-591-verizon-tour-9630-a-446876/

-Severely reduced battery life

-Browser clicking and zooming in Blackberry native browser takes 2-5 clicks before getting a result.

-audio clips received through MMS get "stuck" to the end of ringtone alerts, even if they've been deleted. Only known fix is to do a battery pull.

-Reboot time greatly increased.

- Memory leaks

0 Likes