Unknown home screen icon
Robbyswife25

I just got a blackberry tour and there is an icon on the home screen I don't know what it is.  It is right under the signal meter.  It is a circle with 2 lines going through making a "t".  Then it has 3 ")))" behind it.  Any help would be appreciated.

Message Edited by Robbyswife25 on 08-25-2009 01:50 PM
Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Unknown home screen icon
LOWFLYER
Contributor - Level 2

Robbyswife25 wrote:

I just got a blackberry tour and there is an icon on the home screen I don't know what it is.  It is right under the signal meter.  It is a circle with 2 lines going through making a "t".  Then it has 3 ")))" behind it.  Any help would be appreciated.

The circle with the lines through it is your GPS icon.  The 3 ))) indicate that your location is on and you are free to use applications like BB maps or Google maps with your GPS chip.  If you turn off "location aiding" those 3 ))) will disappear and you'll only be able to be tracked by emergency services.  It will say 911 only.  It's all in your GPS options.  Welcome ot the forums.

If a member answers your question, solves an issue, and/or helps you in any way that becomes beneficial....by all means hook em up with some Kudos!! Or mark the thread solved and give Kudos!! 

View solution in original post

0 Likes
nmchileman
Master - Level 3
When you scroll over it what does it say? When you click on it what does it do?
0 Likes
LOWFLYER
Contributor - Level 2

Robbyswife25 wrote:

The circle with the lines through it is your GPS icon.  The 3 ))) indicate that your location is on and you are free to use applications like BB maps or Google maps with your GPS chip.  If you turn off "location aiding" those 3 ))) will disappear and you'll only be able to be tracked by emergency services.  It will say 911 only.  It's all in your GPS options.  Welcome ot the forums.

If a member answers your question, solves an issue, and/or helps you in any way that becomes beneficial....by all means hook em up with some Kudos!! Or mark the thread solved and give Kudos!! 

0 Likes
nmchileman
Master - Level 3
GAH! I feel so ashamed. The GPS icon totally slipped my mind, I was stumped. I'll go cry in a corner now. :smileyindifferent:
0 Likes
LOWFLYER
Contributor - Level 2
LMAO......I was like...ummm....really chile?  Go drink a Redbull or something broham.....:smileywink:
0 Likes
StreetDocRN
Champion - Level 1
At least we will know he won't get lost when he goes to cry in his beer.  He's got his GPS on!!
0 Likes