Unhiding a picture folder
amordelejos

How do I unhide pictures or a picture folder with private pictures that I labeled "private" on my Blackberry 8530?  I tried everything and I can't seem to find the "private" pics folder I made with the pics in it.   Also, if I relocate it, can I assign a password to it so it can only be acessed with a password?  I would appreciate your help.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Unhiding a picture folder
moates
Contributor - Level 3

To unhide a picture on a Blackberry 8530 you can do the following :

-Press the menu key (Blackberry Key)
-Select the media icon
-Press the menu key (Blackberry Key)
-Select the Explore option in the sub menu
-Select what it applies to (SD card or Home/Device Memory)
-Select your pictures folder
-Select the menu key (Blackberry Key)
-Select show hidden

***If you no longer want it to be hidden on the device, you can do the following below after the last step above.

***If you have hidden a folder, you can do the following:

-Press your menu key (Blackberry Key)
-Press your menu key once again, and select “show all”.

Now that your picture is visible, you can select the picture once again (Press your optical mouse), press menu (Blackberry Key) select properties and uncheck the hidden box.

The Blackberry Curve does not have a native application for assigning a password to your pictures/folders. It does have a password keeper; however that is mainly for tracking your saved websites and login passwords for other systems/applications.

I hope this information helps!

0 Likes
Re: Unhiding a picture folder
amordelejos

Thank you for your advice on how to unhide hidden photos or a hidden folder with photos. Unfortunately, I could not recover the photos so I am not able to select the option to show all.  Bummer. I guess the photos are lost unless someone else has an idea. 

0 Likes