Uncaught exception: Index 22 >= 22
dcain7903

last night i was using app world, and i noticed that my home screen icon for my sms inbox/outbox disappeared. i didn't hide it, it just freaking disappeared. i can't access it no matter what. i've tried anything i can think of. {word filter avoidance}

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Uncaught exception: Index 22 >= 22
StreetDocRN
Champion - Level 1

Hi,

Pull the battery and allow your device to reset.  See if that works.

Doc

0 Likes
dcain7903

i've done that. many times. that's the only time i see the message about the exception. then i press ok and...nothing.

0 Likes
StreetDocRN
Champion - Level 1

Hey,

More than likely, the SMS folder became hidden.  Go to your applications screen and press the menu key.  Select Show All and see if it reappears. 

Doc

0 Likes
dcain7903

i DIDN'T hide it. it's almost like my phone is suddenly denying sms ever existed but i can see traces of it in there. i can't even start to compose a text, i can't view any of my inbox or outbox. this is not a simple problem with a simple solution because if it was, i wouldn't be here.

0 Likes
StreetDocRN
Champion - Level 1

It sounds like you have tried everything except wiping the device and reloading your device's software.  You might want to try that and that will get your device usable again.

Doc

0 Likes
dcain7903

i have wiped the user installed applications. but not the media card or emails, contacts, etc (that's what it says on the security wipe screen). is it possible i downloaded some sort of malware that deleted the sms module? i do not want to have to drive the 20 minutes to my "nearest" verizon store. whatever, i'll wipe it clean, see what that does.

[Please keep it appropriate - Thanks!]

0 Likes