Unable to Connect. Reason: Failed to obtain an IP address
sv2146

Hello people,

I am trying to connect to a WiFi connection at home (from where I send this message), yet my BlackBerry tells me that it is unable to connect. The connection has already been detected by the phone but it will not go through because it fails to obtain an IP address.  Do you know how can I obtain an IP address?

Thank you for your help

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Unable to Connect. Reason: Failed to obtain an IP address
StreetDocRN
Champion - Level 1

Hi,

Just like connecting a computer to your network, you may have to reboot the Blackberry and maybe refresh the router.  Try unplugging the router and allowing it to reboot and do the same with your Blackberry.  If that does not work, make sure you typed in your router's password correctly.  This is usually the number one reason for failed connections to WiFi routers.  If all that fails, try temporarily turning off your router's security and see if you can connect.  If that works, then you have simply mistyped a character when typing the router's password.

Doc

View solution in original post

0 Likes
StreetDocRN
Champion - Level 1

Hi,

Just like connecting a computer to your network, you may have to reboot the Blackberry and maybe refresh the router.  Try unplugging the router and allowing it to reboot and do the same with your Blackberry.  If that does not work, make sure you typed in your router's password correctly.  This is usually the number one reason for failed connections to WiFi routers.  If all that fails, try temporarily turning off your router's security and see if you can connect.  If that works, then you have simply mistyped a character when typing the router's password.

Doc

0 Likes
sv2146

Thank you so much. It worked!

0 Likes