Transfer all Blackberry data, contacts & text messages to iPhone 5?
GrantHammond

I have had a difficult time finding a catchall program or software to fully back up and allow transfer from my Blackberry Bold to iPhone 5. Does anyone know of a program that will transfer all media, data, contacts and text messages/SMS? This last part is very important as I have over 10,000 messages I would like transferred.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Transfer all Blackberry data, contacts & text messages to iPhone 5?
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

10,000 text messages?  Do you really need all of them on the new phone?  I would back them up to my computer - you'll still have access.... but as to your question - BB Desktop software will backup all your stuff to your computer.  You can then transfer what's needed to the iPhone via USB. 

Since the two phones have different OS - I don't think there is one program that will transfer directly from the BB Bold to the iPhone.

0 Likes
EWMetzler

OneMediaHub is a free App that will allow transfer of calendar, contact, files and media across PC, Apple, and Blackberry platforms.  However when I used it I ended up with a lot of duplicates. (In my world better duplicates than lost data.) You can also update what you have stored there from any web browser. 

I don't think it will transfer TEXT messages, though.  Texting was never designed to be archived.

0 Likes
eacfren

There is no direct way to transfer messages from blackberry to iphone. Maybe you should try these.

1 Backup your blackberry data with BB Destop software on computer. Data will be saved as a bbb file.

2 Use some BBB to CSV converter program to export messages from backup file to a CSV file.

3 Contacts a program vendor called Backuptrans to extract messages from CSV file to a Backuptans database file.

4 Transfer messages from database file to your iPhone using the program Backuptrans iPhone SMS Transfer.

5 Restart your iPhone then you will see your messages there in Messaging on iPhone.

Hope this can help.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

eacfren, thanks for helping us support EWMetzler with information regarding how to transfer infomation from a Blackberry device to an iPhone 5. For your convenience, you can also retrieve the steps on how to do this at our website: http://vz.to/GBd9tx

LasinaH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
sheena_s04

Finally, I said goodbye to my BlackBerry bold 9900 and hello to new shiny iPhone 5s. Smiley Happy My friend who have recently switched from BB Torch to iPhone 5c suggested me a desktop utility called mobile trans that can transfer contact list and sms from Blackberry to any iPhone or Android. This thing just worked for me! Basically, this program extract sms and contacts from Blackberry backup file (created by BlackBerry Desktop software) and transfer them to iPhone. Here is that detailed guide: How to Use MobileTrans to Transfer Data from One Phone to Another

I hope this will help those who are switching from blackberry to iPhone or android phone. Smiley Happy

0 Likes
emilymccormick

There is no direct way to transfer messages from blackberry to iphone. Maybe you should try these.

1 Backup your blackberry data with BB Destop software on computer. Data will be saved as a bbb file.

2 Use some BBB to CSV converter program to export messages from backup file to a CSV file.

3 Contacts a program vendor called Backuptrans to extract messages from CSV file to a Backuptans database file.

4 Transfer messages from database file to your iPhone using the program Mobile Transfer

5 Restart your iPhone then you will see your messages there in Messaging on iPhone.

Hope this can help.

Thx, it helped.

0 Likes