Tour update 4.7.1.61 problem
anna29maria

My first attempt at the update got stuck at 7% for about 5 hours.  I then got a white screen error message that said that I received a corrupted update and to press any key to restart to a previous setting.  When I tried this, the update automatically started and is now at 1% for the past 2 hours.   When I called verizon customer service I was told that there was nothing to be done from their end nor would an in store tech be able to fix unless I received another error message and the download ended.  I need my phone to function by tomorrow for work and don't have the time to wait in line at the store.   Any suggestions?  

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Tour update 4.7.1.61 problem
StreetDocRN
Champion - Level 1

Hi,

I take it you were trying to install the update via your phone's Wireless Update feature?  That is a very slow process that I do not recommend.  Install the update via Blackberry Desktop Manager on your computer.  You should be able to get your phone up and running.

Doc

0 Likes
vedo13

The FIRST time I installed this update on my less than 1-month old Tour, I did it wirelessly from that cue that popped up on my screen saying and update was available.  After I was done, my Blue Tooth didn't work and neither did my headphones anymore.  My wife's IDENTICAL VERIZON TOUR 9630 (I have the verizon as well) has the exact same problem.  

So, I re-loaded the update via Blackberry desktop manager on my iMac.  NO CHANGE.  My headphones and blue tooth STILL won't work.  I JUST got back from the Verizon store in downtown Baltimore on Fleet St and the guy there just about gave me a hard time.  Another employee HAD THE EXACT SAME PHONE (VERIZON, of course) with the EXACT SAME update and his worked,  BUT, I found when we went to our "about" menus in the "options" application, that there was at least one sub program where we had DIFFERENT versions--something to do with Branding???  Anyroad, after downloading the update, you'd think all those files would be the same.  

This guy is very evasive, and is definitely lost and because of it, seems to care less, especially since this isn't a sales visit, maybe??  I'm having him wipe the phone clean and do an initial install, just the same as he does with all the phones he gets in the store.  Hopefully, this will fix it.  

0 Likes
vedo13

Nope! The fresh wipe and re-load did not fix the bug.  I re-loaded the original 4.7.1.40 version it came with.  Headphones work again.  HMMM.  Noticed interesting thing about BRANDING VERSION numbers.  A guy at the Vzw store had the identical phone with identical carrier and his updated had a DIFFERENT Branding Version that mine did.  ???  When I downgraded to the original OS version, the Branding Version changed yet again.

I wonder why 2 of the same phones with the SAME software update version from the same site had DIFFERENT branding versions?? And one had a bug, and the other one didn't??

Does anyone know??  

Does this info shed any light on a solution??

Vedo

0 Likes
PROB1

Try searching the forums, I saw something a while back, on CrackBerry I think.  Don't remember for sure but I thought they were saying that you had to delete them before you upgraded your software then reinstall them after the upgrade, but search for the answer before you try the wrong thing.

0 Likes