The Storm is the Worst Phone Ever Along with Verizon Wireless Customer Service
cori279

In Dec of 2008 I purchased a Blackberry Storm 9530 from aVerizon Wireless Account Executive.  Bythe second week I began to have an assorted amount of issues with the phone, Iattempted to contact the Account Executive that sold me the phone by E-Mail aswell as by phone and the AE never once responded (this was clearly a sign ofthings to come from Verizon Wireless).  SinceDec of 2008 I have placed approximately 40 or more calls to Verizon WirelessBlackberry Tech Support and Customer Service, in this time frame I have beensent 5 refurbished BBB Stom 9530’s and a single new one, I have conservativelyspent approximately 40 plus hours on the phone with Verizon Wireless TechSupport doing soft resets, hard resets, software updates, shutting phones down,powering them back up, battery pulls, etc. only to still be plagued by ongoingissues with this phone.  Plain and simplethe Blackberry Storm 9530 is one terrible phone, but, as terrible as the phoneis, it pales in comparison to the horrid customer service I have received fromVerizon Wireless and its ongoing insistence in keeping me as a captive customerwith “slave contract” which they refuse to release me from without inflictingtheir $175 early termination fee and refusing to refund the monies I have spenton the phone and accessories, knowing full well they have sold me a horribleproduct and that I am utterly disillusioned with the phone and Verizon Wirelessas a whole.

It is simply amazing that a multi-billion dollar corporationsuch as Verizon Wireless is determined to hold a consumer (customer) hostageknowing full well that the consumer (customer) no longer wants any type ofassociation with them!  Verizon Wirelessis doing this to me over a few hundred dollars—“ a multi-billion dollarcorporation”.  What does this say aboutVerizon Wireless dedication to total customer service?

Since it is impossible for me to continue with an unreliableand often malfunctioning phone it is very likely that I will be forced tocancel my contract with Verizon Wireless and move to a reputable carrier andpurchase a fully functioning cell phone regardless of the consequences in thevery near future.

So I would ask my fellow consumers and cell phone user’s tostay clear of the Blackberry Storm 9530 and especially give a wide berth toVerizon Wireless they are most definitely NOT consumer friendly! I will carryon with my fight until a “consumer friendly” resolution is reached betweenVerizon Wireless and me, such as an alternative phone like the Blackberry Tour—ablackberry that actually functions “normally.”

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: The Storm is the Worst Phone Ever Along with Verizon Wireless Customer Service
SaNDman
Contributor - Level 3
You should have gotten a different phone then the Storm if having issues, before the 30 days were up. Obviously, the Storm first out late last year, have many bugs. But you have latest OS 148, have "third party applications" running in the background, close not escape or end programs. As for Verizon customer service, it has to do with people's attitude. also.:smileywink:
0 Likes
Re: The Storm is the Worst Phone Ever Along with Verizon Wireless Customer Service
DrMPH08
Sorry you are having such a bad time with your phone and Verizon in general. I was a sprint customer before I came to Verizon and let me tell you Verzion Customer Service is way way way way way better. I also did a stint with TMobile and I must say again Verizon is much better. I currently have a Palm Treo and I have had about five replacements along with two new phones. They never charged me for them and were always very hepful. Maybe it has something to do with the guy you brought the phone from. and like SaNDman said customer service does havea lot to do with people's attitude.
0 Likes
basspro
Contributor - Level 1

They have given you a total of SIX phones, and you say that they haven't worked with you?  C'mon!

0 Likes
SureTypeBandit
Enthusiast - Level 3

In the past i have heard of how Verizon's customer service was rancid.  But it wasnt until i became a customer that i learned that was completely false.  Every time i call customer service, they are friendly and extremely helpful.  I just recently called them about something that i could have figured out, and after they helped me i couldnt help but think, "duh, why didnt i think of that"  The representative that handled my issue was patient and didnt make me feel like an idiot.  I wouldnt have blamed if he had though lol.  

However, i think the representatives in the verizon stores are a different story.  Im sure all are not created equal.  But the reps in the stores of the area in which i live are all incompetent jerks who belittle you and try to blow smoke up your rear end just for the sake of getting you out of their hair.

0 Likes
Zapatopi

I work for an AT&T callcenter. Their customer service is a joke, I frequently have to spend much of my time fixing previous agent's errors or correcting misinformation. I get at least a call a week about a corperate store rep downright lying to customers or making all kinds of outrageous promises (once I got a call about a guy who had his identity stolen by a store rep who then used it to open a T-Mobile account). When I was a T-Mobile customer last year I was frequently lied to by both customer care and store reps. Conflicting information was given to me on every call.

As for your contract, it's your own fault. If you can't get the first phone to work at all, the prudent move would have been to cancel contract within 30 days so the ETF could be waived. Your own stubborness in pursuing the issue of replacing the phone 5 times led to the period moving past the buyers remorse period. Now that you're deeper into the contract, if you're that disgusted with Verizon, then cancel your contract, pay the ETF and move on, but bear in mind that Verizon has done everything in their power to assist you. You just didn't realize a lemon when you saw it. If you hate the Storm, then ask for a different phone within the buyer's remorse period. How hard would that have been?

0 Likes
LOWFLYER
Contributor - Level 2

We must get one like you every week.  They wanna come here and bash VZW b/c they sold you a phone that YOU wanted and replaced it for you 5 times at YOUR request.  First off VZW does not make the Storm, if you have issues about product quality, take it up with RIM.  Their hasty injection of this handset to the market was obviously a huge mistake. 

Second, for you to think that you can simply sign a contract and it not mean anything b/c you are not satisfied is ludacris.  They have to hold everyone to a standard somehow or any Joe Blow off the street could come and say "hey vzw sux, I'm out" and leave.  We all know the Storm has issues, some more than others.  My Storm has worked as advertised since I bought it back in Apr.  The highly anticipated firmware update (.148) in June made this the phone what it should have been when they rolled it out back in Nov 08.  I am completely satisfied with mine and the customer service I receive from VZW and apparently a lot of other people are too judging by the fact they're "a multi-billion dollar coorporation" as you so distainfully put it.   If you don't like VZW, pay the ETF and go somewhere else, but I think you'll be surprised how good their customer service really is; I too had sprint for 6 months when VZW wasn't in an area i was stationed about 9 years ago and as soon as I got back to civilization, I immediately switched back.  Other than my short 6 month haiatus I have been a loyal VZW customer for the past 15 years with no end in sight.  Thank you VZW for making me #1.  

0 Likes
GaryM

I have to agree - AND disagree with you.

I, too, have had the Storm for awhile (got it the day it came out back in November) and absolutely agree it's the worst excuse for a phone I have ever had the mispleasure of owning (I'm on my third one).

Where I have to disagree is the part about Verizon customer service.  I have been a Verizon customer since before they were ever called Verizon - and have five lines with them.  With my wife's phone (before we were married) I've had to deal with Sprint and AT&T as well - and I can honestly say that Verizon customer service is head and shoulders above them and has never been anything less than very polite and helpful.  I may not always get the answer I hope to get, but it's always been fair and they have truly tried to help.

I'm sorry that you're having the problems that you are and completely sympathize with the fact that the Storm is basically a phone-shaped paperweight - but I think that if you try to contact Verizon and go in with the proper attitude (not being hostile immediately) you'll find that you get much further and may be surprised at how much they're willing to help you.

Best of luck to you in whatever you decide to do.

0 Likes