Storm3 on its way in 2010 to VZW??
Marsh511

Both the Crackberry and BlackberryOS sites are abuzz with rumors, excitement, and conjecture about the Storm3 being developed.  One admin says he had a chance to play hands-on with a prototype, and it sounds pretty amazing.  Definitely looks like every Storm 1 owner's "next phone"....and for those who went to Storm 2, it may make them wonder why they didn't wait.  I just hope Verizon picks it up right at the beginning (like they did with Storm 1).  It would be devastating for those of us who've stuck with Storm 1 to see the Storm 3 go to another carrier!  One worrisome thing is that RIM is saying this device will be marketed DIRECTLY against the Droid...which is very bad news for us Big Red folks because Verizon has a pretty good cash cow in the Droid, and may choose not to pick up the Storm 3 until the Droid-mania runs its course.  That would be a sad day for us Storm 1 survivors.

Anyways, go over to those other sites (not sure I can post links here), and read more about the S3!  It truly sounds like a fantastic phone, and frankly, I was surprised such a device was so far along in development by RIM.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Storm3 on its way in 2010 to VZW??
TheGreatOne
Master - Level 1

It wouldn't surprise me if there was a Storm 3 coming on later on. Verizion usually always does number 1 phone (orignal), then number 2 and sometimes even number 3 on phones. Take the Env phones...well know there have been a couple out. Env original, Env2,Env3 and now Env Touch.  If Storm 3 were to come out then Verizon I am sure would pick it up.

0 Likes
nmchileman
Master - Level 3

I hear it's gonna have built-in TV and a pocket knife.

0 Likes
bb-gismo
Contributor - Level 1

That will make it a 'Swiss Army Phone' and it will be a bright RED

0 Likes
LuUkizZ

The guys over at BBLeaks.com were able to get some of the first details on the S3 Check it out: http://www.bbleaks.com/2009/12/blackberry-storm-3-first-inside-look.html

0 Likes
Coachbulldog

I really like my Storm 1 and was going to upgrade to the Storm 2 in February. If there is a Storm 3 I hope it does NOT include a slider keyboard.

0 Likes
bb-gismo
Contributor - Level 1

I hope it DOES have a slider..... After 45 years of construction work my fingers are to wide for the little images on the Storm and I understand that there is no stylist  that works on the Storm....(wish there was)

0 Likes