Storm 2 problems lately
ramjet
Enthusiast - Level 2

My wife's Storm 2 has been exhibiting some weird, and importantly, intermittent, behavior lately. 

1.  Incoming phone calls will not ring sometimes. Changing sound profile will "reactivate" the ringing function, and if it is immediately switched back to the original profile, it will still operate properly.

2. When trying to change or check ringtones, sometimes receive "invalid ring tone" error message.  May be related to #1.

3.  Sometimes alarms won't ring also.  Related to #1?

4. Sometimes can't playback YouMail Visual Voicemail Plus messages. Updated to latest version yesterday, but problem still occurs sometimes.

All these problems are intermittent. Battery pulls don't seem to make any difference - at least not a permanent fix.

Software version is5.0.0.713.  These problems seem to have cropped up since the last update, but we're not sure.

I have the same phone, same software, but do not experience the same problems.

Any ideas or suggestions?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Storm 2 problems lately
Olavo

I've got some problems with my device (BB Storm 2)..Wifi internet access didn't work outside USA...

Could anybody help me with it?

0 Likes
Bsmith151

Ramjet,

Over in the forums section (Storm 2 Forum) of www.crackberry.com there is a tread on the .713 update where some have suggested that problems with the update have been resolved by wiping the device and reloading.  You may want to look over there for some answers to the specific issues your wife's Storm 2 and instructions on the procedure for reinstalling.  I have had some issues but have not reinstalled myself as the issues are not that urgent, but all have developed since the .713 upgrade.

0 Likes
ramjet
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thank you for the for the info.  I'll check it out.

0 Likes
SFObrien
Contributor - Level 3

Yes the .713 upgrade is causing problems for some.  A downgrade may fix your issue.  Hoping VZW and RIM will update .713 soon to correct things.

0 Likes