Storm 2 Pics Surface!!
EarthUnderSky
Contributor - Level 2

http://crackberry.com/exclusive-first-look-blackberry-storm-2

I can't believe it's already being tested. No specs yet but it won't be long till the firing squad begins to line up to take a shot so I'll be first here. I've said it before and I'll say it again. v4.7.0.75 on the storm is crap. I'm sure I have many to back me up on that statement.

But, I'm sure many here know how to get around that so having said that. My storm rocks. Still have a few bugs but me and the misses sure enjoy rim's releases. Now on to the Storm 2. You have got to believe that this device is going to put the original in the grave. Newer hardware, advanced 5.0.x.xxx OS's. I even read that this device was specked for wi-fi. Not that I need that. My coverage is great and wi-fi is a major battery drain. Ask any Iphone lover about wi-fi drain.

Storm 1 will get at least 1 more MR and that will be it. Then we all get to move on, move up and fuss about all the new glitches we have with our new Storm 2. Can't wait.

Fire at will.

Regards, Michael 

Message Edited by EarthUnderSky on 05-14-2009 04:58 PM
Message Edited by EarthUnderSky on 05-14-2009 04:59 PM
Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Storm 2 Pics Surface!!
bikeguy
I am curious to see what has changed on the Storm 2 as far as hardware.  I hope you are right about the current storm getting another MR, but I have my doubts.  I am enjoying my Storm, but the .75 firmware has annoying issues that I would like to see fixed, and I am beginning to feel abandoned since all of the other carriers have had updates recently and the Storm 2 appears to be getting close.
0 Likes
EarthUnderSky
Contributor - Level 2

I think I can safely say that the Storm will get another MR. The Storm 2 is just entering R&D and that is exactly where it need to be. I kept my nose to the grindstone so to speak about all the chatter for the MR2 on the Storm and it's just a matter of time. Hang in there bikeguy. You will be pleased. Personally, I could not deal with .75 so within a week of both my Storms,(Buy One Get One), I've found help elsewhere so to speak.

Good luck

Regards, Michael 

0 Likes
jherz6

I think your quite right the new storm aka oden will more than likely bury the storm, and I like you are anxious to get more info on it. However its going to take a bit more than wifi for me to be truly interested. Hopefully the new os will be a bit more stable, and the short battery life will be adressed, also Ive said this before and I'll say this again peoples provlems with the storm are operator error not the device.

Wifi battery drain? Well if its as bad as you say why would anyone want wifi? 

0 Likes
sanchezm94
Rim made them remove the pics that were up. Wonder why.
0 Likes
DarkCobra
Contributor - Level 3

Probably because they were unauthorized releases.

dancingphone.gif

0 Likes