Storm 2 .607 upgrade question/problem
Developer
Enthusiast - Level 3

I let my storm 2 do it's OTA upgrade last night after getting the email suggesting that I do.  Everything thus far seems fine with the exception of youtube not playing any sound through the media player.  I have gone through and checked every place that I can imagine and don't see where it could not be working.  The videos on my memory card play sounds fine but not the youtube.  Anyone else have this problem or know how I can fix it?  With young children, having an internet full of videos to use at any time is the most valuable tool in this phone for me. :smileyhappy:

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Storm 2 .607 upgrade question/problem
eccm

I also found out if you have the ap-DRIVE SAFELY on the STORM-2, with the 607 update  it caused it to lockup. I could not read emails or  SMS until I removed the DRIVE SAFELY ap.  So I would suggest tturning aps off 1 at a time until might go back to normal. A Tech rep told me once that the main cause for troubles on upgrades are aps that are no longer supported.

0 Likes
Re: Storm 2 .607 upgrade question/problem
Developer
Enthusiast - Level 3

The first thing I did was remove my one app that I have loaded.  It didn't fix it and I even reinstalled the OS from the desktop manager to no avail, still no sound on youtube.  Does the sound work for everyone else on the site when watching a video?

0 Likes
Re: Storm 2 .607 upgrade - process ??
websquad

Just what is the step-by-step process for the Storm 2 .607 Upgrade (after, of course, backing up everything via the Desktop Manager)?

0 Likes
XtremeBerry
Contributor - Level 3

First download and install the OS to your computer. Get it here:http://vzw.smithmicro.com/blackberry/download.aspx?ct=personal

Open up the Destop Manager after OS is installed and plug in your phone.

It will then tell you to update your OS .

Just follow the onscreen messages until completed.

0 Likes
Blacklisted
Enthusiast - Level 3

I'm going to do you one better.

Take a look at this if you will. I know there is more than one way to skin a cat but you cannot fail with this.

All In One Guide - How To Upgrade Your Device - with Pictures & Videos

Good Luck 

0 Likes
XtremeBerry
Contributor - Level 3

OH..Im sorry I guess I just assumed everyone would backup their device first. When using desktop manager to upgrade (there is more than just OTA and Dektop manager also) make sure when upgrading to not just hit next but to go through and uncheck all the different languages and help files as this will shrink the OS and give you more free memory that can be used for apps.

0 Likes