Sprint Releases the Bold 9650 , but why hasn't verizon???
SrGodLess

Why hasn't verizon released the phone yet? You can now buy the bold 9650 from sprint 

http://shop.sprint.com/NASApp/onlinestore/en/Action/DisplayPhones?phoneSKU=SPRIM9650

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Sprint Releases the Bold 9650 , but why hasn't verizon???
TheGreatOne
Master - Level 1

SrGodLess wrote:

Why hasn't verizon released the phone yet? You can now buy the bold 9650 from sprint 

http://shop.sprint.com/NASApp/onlinestore/en/Action/DisplayPhones?phoneSKU=SPRIM9650

I am sure it'll happen within time. Just be patient :smileyhappy:

0 Likes
MadDogFL62
Contributor - Level 2

Yes, it is pretty sad.  It also looks like AT&T will have the new BB slider out before Verizon as well.  Good 3G and the prospect of 4G really doesn't mean much without decent phones to use on that network.  What good is LTE when the good phones that take advantage of 4G will be L-A-TE to market thru Verizon?

I am surprised that Verizon Vic hasn't come to the rescue to explain to all of us how Verizon does extra QA testing on the phones before releasing them to the Website and stores.  Yeah, right - like the testing that was done on the new Android Incredible?  Verizon knows...  the latest Droid that reboots for you once an hour every hour?  And if I remember correctly, the last BB we had to wait for Verizon to test (Tour) had crap trackballs but was released anyway.  Sounds like the Verizon QA Department is just a place to work to get a phone on early release.

It looks like it may be time for Verizon to restaff the group that negotiates with the phone manufacturers, too.  Last to market with RIM and the iPhone looks as if it has slipped through the cracks at Verizon.  Is that new Microsoft Kin piece of junk supposed to make everyone feel better about the Verizon product offerings?  Yea, they are making a comeback - just like Palm.  Wanna bet that Google now begs Verizon to sell their Nexus too?  These manufacturers can spot a sucker from a mile away.  How about we limit the brand names to just a few and do those few right?

0 Likes
JB21386
Contributor - Level 1
Or, you could stop whining and complaining on a VERIZON SUPPORT forum and just go to Sprint? Whining here is doing you no good, **bleep**.
0 Likes
MadDogFL62
Contributor - Level 2

Not everyone on this forum has a choice where they can go for their phone service.  Many of us are locked into the poor decisions made with our corporate plans.

Really Nickel, Cinci Ohio? Are you sure?  You appear to be the lost sole in the wrong place. 

If you were to pull your head out of your backside, you would see that this ""bleep"" of a forum is for the unfortunate Verizon BlackBerry users who have been bearing the bad news of Verizon year after year.  Not your SUPPORT FORUM.

If you want support - try:  http://support.vzw.com/clc/  And if you don't like it, don't read it.  Life is full of options. (in some cases)

0 Likes
SrGodLess

Agreed the kin 1 and 2 are terrible, hardly smart phones, they don't even have a calendar ! But it seems over all they suffer the fate of most winmo devices, poor battery and stability. 

If the Blackberry OS were unstable I don't think sprint would have released it , otherwise I can't seem to figure out what the hold up is?

The incredible , it seems they are out of stock , and are shifting focus to online with it. So people at stores will be told to go online, or they are just out of luck

These customers could be sold the new bold 9650 , but nope, they don't have that either.

Of course these customers are not going to buy a "new" phone thats well over a year old , or well aged , knowing its not going to get the OS6 update (the other blackberrys dont have enough ram)

Its safe to say that 9650 will be the only one getting an update 

0 Likes
vereyezuhn
Master - Level 3

MadDogFL62 wrote:

Not everyone on this forum has a choice where they can go for their phone service.  Many of us are locked into the poor decisions made with our corporate plans.

Really Nickel, Cinci Ohio? Are you sure?  You appear to be the lost sole in the wrong place. 

If you were to pull your head out of your backside, you would see that this ""bleep"" of a forum is for the unfortunate Verizon BlackBerry users who have been bearing the bad news of Verizon year after year.  Not your SUPPORT FORUM.

If you want support - try:  http://support.vzw.com/clc/  And if you don't like it, don't read it.  Life is full of options. (in some cases)

Who is 'Nickel' ?

0 Likes
SrGodLess

Its such a shame and I guess they don't train the verizon reps on products? As none of them are talking about the bold 9650, or maybe they are forced to sell off the existing blackberries 

0 Likes
MadDogFL62
Contributor - Level 2

What could you be implying SrGodLess?  Like the Verizon clown in the post above yours?  What a forum troll.  Check out his Kudos posts on those hi-tech enV phones.  He may graduate to "smart" phones by year end!

vereyezhun - quit your day job.  Being a Verizon forum stalker does not get you points with your employer and your ridiculous feedback is annoying (unless you are a teenager trying to learn how to use your enV).  Perhaps that is what you were instructed to do in Verizon Customer Services training?  Do what you can to annoy the crap out of the customer and maybe they will go away?  In your case, you should stick to those "Community Blog" postings until you get some smartphone training and can provide some valuable feedback.  Dump that day job and put your application in for one of those Verizon QA Team positions.  Heck, you could have a KIN for your very own right now.

What people like vereyezhun and fail to "get" is that 100% of the Verizon customer base DOES NOT have the choice to move from provider to provider.  Many of our employers made knee-jerk decisions to use providers like Verizon who have "such good networks".  Yes, brilliant.  I hope they spend their kickbacks wisely.  In the mean time, thousands of angry employees are left digging through the garbage trying to find our next Verizon phone.  My corporate contract expired months ago.  The offer was to "upgrade" my current Curve to the new Curve?  I'll pass on the downgrade - though it was hard to resist the Smokey Violet phone with no camera flash!.  Maybe I should consider the KIN or the enV so that vereyezhun can provide me with all of that quality Verizon support.  Of course, if it is support you want, JB21386 can tell you how to get to the site!    :smileywink:

0 Likes
SydneyK
Master - Level 3

It needed to be said. This forum is going rapidly downhill, with its threads full of snide, unhelpful comments.

0 Likes