Songs vanish without Deleting
windos53

Ive had Songs on My Phone for a Long Time

When I wanted to Make One My RINGTONE it was Not There

I never Deleted it?

My Phone Does Not have a MEDIA FOLDER It Was There Before the 5.0 Software Upgrade

I dont have the song Saved on a CD That Was My Fault

Its a Song thats hard to Find ONLINE

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Songs vanish without Deleting
Michele-VzW
Contributor - Level 2

windos53 wrote:

I never Deleted it?

My Phone Does Not have a MEDIA FOLDER It Was There Before the 5.0 Software Upgrade

Were the songs on a sd card? 

0 Likes
windos53

Michele-VzW wrote:

windos53 wrote:

I never Deleted it?

I have Them on Both because The Source Box Does not always Show Device or Media at the same time on Rhapsody

0 Likes
Michele-VzW
Contributor - Level 2

windos53 wrote:

Michele-VzW wrote:

windos53 wrote:

I never Deleted it?

I have Them on Both because The Source Box Does not always Show Device or Media at the same time on Rhapsody

can you check the SD card on your computer to see if it is still there?  If so then I would remove everything off the SD card onto the computer (back-up the SD card), remove the card, check back on your computer that you did in fact save everything to your computer and then reinsert the SD card into the Storm.  Reformat the card :

If you format the BlackBerry® device memory or a media card, all the files in the device memory or on the media card are deleted.

1. In the device options, click

2. Press the Menu key.Format

3. Click

This should reset the folders on the card, now you can put all your music into the folder labled for music and it should read those songs.  Let us know if this works for you.

Memory

0 Likes
windos53

how do I remove SD CARD & How to Back up to Computer?

Michele-VzW wrote:

windos53 wrote:

Michele-VzW wrote:

windos53 wrote:

I never Deleted it?

can you check the SD card on your computer to see if it is still there?  If so then I would remove everything off the SD card onto the computer (back-up the SD card), remove the card, check back on your computer that you did in fact save everything to your computer and then reinsert the SD card into the Storm.  Reformat the card :

If you format the BlackBerry® device memory or a media card, all the files in the device memory or on the media card are deleted.

1. In the device options, click

2. Press the Menu key.Format

3. Click

This should reset the folders on the card, now you can put all your music into the folder labled for music and it should read those songs.  Let us know if this works for you.

Memory

0 Likes
Michele-VzW
Contributor - Level 2

To remove or insert an SD card into your storm:

look on page 31 of this attachment or you can do a google search and watch videos or see photos of how it is done :smileyhappy:

How to back up your SD card on your computer:

insert your SD card into the computer if you have a slot for it, if you dno't you'll have to get a USB reader or just plug your Storm into the computer.  Go to my computer and locate the card, click on the card which opens the directory of the card, you should see several folders there that have been created in the past, right click on them all and then copy them and paste them onto your desk top. 

If anyone has any suggestions on how to explain this better please do! 

0 Likes