So.. what does the Unlimited plan include?
goken50

Hi guys, just looking for some clarification.  I've checked through the forums and found some good info, but nothing that pin points what I actually need to know (and not being able to get in touch with someone from verizon with answers, I figure this is the best place to ask :smileyvery-happy: )

I'm planning to get a Storm 9530 sometime soon (free upgrade) and am unclear on which plan to chose and what they actually offer.  So I guess the basic question would be: what is the difference between the $30 and $40 plans?

My goals are to have web access, email integration with gmail and access to apps (do apps use a certain data plan?).  Which should I chose?  

Also, do either of those 2 plans cover general VZ Get it Now or Navigator type features? 

Thanks in advance!

Labels (1)
Tags (3)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: So.. what does the Unlimited plan include?
nmchileman
Master - Level 3

The $29.99 plan is the BIS (Blackberry Internet Service). It's for free, personal emails accounts such as Gmail, Hotmail..etc. It allows you to have up to 11 email accounts on the phone. 10 personal and 1 @vzw.blackberry.net email account.

The $44.99 is the BES (Blackberry Enterprise Solution). You'll need these plan if you need to access your work email if your employer is using a BES server or Microsoft Exchange server. 

Both plans include unlimited data access for web browsing, email and any applications that use data. It is truly unlimited data access on the device, there is no 5GB limit. 

Neither plan will cover VZ Navigator, it's an additional $9.99 feature. However, the GPS is unlocked on the device so you'll be able to use 3rd party GPS software.

Also, I strongly suggest you wait another 2 months or so. The Storm 2 will be coming out in November. Improved touch screen, OS and will include WiFi. 

View solution in original post

0 Likes
nmchileman
Master - Level 3

The $29.99 plan is the BIS (Blackberry Internet Service). It's for free, personal emails accounts such as Gmail, Hotmail..etc. It allows you to have up to 11 email accounts on the phone. 10 personal and 1 @vzw.blackberry.net email account.

The $44.99 is the BES (Blackberry Enterprise Solution). You'll need these plan if you need to access your work email if your employer is using a BES server or Microsoft Exchange server. 

Both plans include unlimited data access for web browsing, email and any applications that use data. It is truly unlimited data access on the device, there is no 5GB limit. 

Neither plan will cover VZ Navigator, it's an additional $9.99 feature. However, the GPS is unlocked on the device so you'll be able to use 3rd party GPS software.

Also, I strongly suggest you wait another 2 months or so. The Storm 2 will be coming out in November. Improved touch screen, OS and will include WiFi. 

0 Likes
goken50

Thanks, that's exactly what I needed.

I've been lookin around for info on the Storm 2.. looks like Sept. 15 is the date being thrown around.  I'm on a multiple phone contract at the moment and we are all up for an upgrade now.  The plan is to not have to extend the contract by waiting for a new phone after the others have gotten theirs.. though it is tempting.  WiFi and a better screen would be nice to have, it's a little strange with the clicking screen as it stands..

0 Likes
LOWFLYER
Contributor - Level 2

nmchileman wrote:

+1, wait for #2.  Last thing we need is another aggrivated Storm 1 user in here repeating the same stuff we've already heard a million times.

0 Likes