Screen brightness issues since update
Rev

Well subject says it all. Since the update to 5.0 my screen brightness comes and goes. It acts a little like the auto backlight feature (which I've always hated) is enabled, but it isn't even that consistent plus I have that feature disabled.

This is more than annoying because one of the reasons I selected the Storm was the brightness of the screen.  I have a slight vision issue.

I really look forward to you feedback

Thanks

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Screen brightness issues since update
JCM
Enthusiast - Level 3
you know I've heard this a lot and I believe its meant to do that when in different lighting position so if your outside it automatically will be at high contrast and when your in a shady area it will dim it saves battery life personally I love it hope the storm is for you .
0 Likes
MacDaddy
Contributor - Level 1

There's a glitch in the 5.0 software that dims when going from portrait to Landscape, just turn it back to portrait untill the screen brightens then flip back to landscape.

0 Likes
Re: Screen brightness issues since update/Question
Rev

I have discovered that when I'm outside or in a high light environment it doesn't glitch. 

Can someone tell me where the sensor is that determines the brightness needs is located on the storm?

Thanks

0 Likes
msagkittykat

I have had the same issues and it is annoying too. It has nothing to do when I am inside or outside....

anyone figured it out??

0 Likes
JCM
Enthusiast - Level 3
HEY THERE YOUR GOING TO BE SO IN LOVE WITH STORM AFTER THIS HOPEFULLY BUT FIRST YOU MIGHT NOT LIKE BUT IT HAS TO WORK IT DID FOR ME AFTER HAVING PROBS YOU NEED TO WIPE OUT EVERYTHING YES I'm SORRY BUT YEAH WIPE OUT! SALAM SUELEKUIM WHICH MEANS MAY PEACE BE WITH YOU.
0 Likes
SFObrien
Contributor - Level 3

I have the auto dim turned on and my unit doesn't do the random dimming.  Don't know if it is a bug or by design.  I can tell you it does it on the S2 I tested also.

0 Likes
MacDaddy
Contributor - Level 1

It's definitely in the software, When Auto Dim is set to off, the screen should not dim at anytime your using the Storm. It worked fine until 5.0 all the 4.7 versions worked fine, Just another Glitch they need to workout. Sounds like RIM and Microsoft should merge, neither one of them can get it right.

0 Likes
JCM
Enthusiast - Level 3
I'm GOING TO SAY THIS RIM DOES NOT CARE IN IMPROVING THERE MAKING MONEY WITH BUSSINES CUSTOMERS, ITHAT IS WHAT BLACKBERRY IS FOR BUT NNNOOOO IPHONE HAD TO COME IN AND MESS THINGS UP FOR BLACKBERRY WITH ALL THESE APPS PEOPLE SEEN IT COULD HANDLE, BLACKBERRY STORM WASN'T MEANT FOR THAT AND PEOPLE DON'T UNDERSTAND BUT SINCE IT WAS A HOT BUY RIM SAID HEY LET'S SEE IF IT GOES HIGHER BY ADDING APPS BUT BAD IDEA I PERSONALLY DON'T HAVE ANY APPS AND BELIEVE ME I HAVEN'T SEEN ANOTHER STORM LIKE MINE I MEAN ITS AMAZING I GET 1XEV ALL THE TIME MY APP MEMORY DOES NOT GO UNER 47MB AND I REBOOTED YESTERDAY MORNING I STARTED AT 49MB WITH HEAVY WEB BROWSING. COME ON PEOPLE GET THAT TECHNICAL MIND SET IN OUT OF YOU! ITS THOSE APPS RIGHT NOW STAND BY PEOPLE RIM WILL TRY TO MAKE IT RIGHT.SINCE SALES ARE GOING UP MIGHTIS WELL AND THAT IPHONE MAKERS THANKS A LOT BUT YOUR SIGNAL STINKS AT AT&T IT NEEDS TO COME TO VERIZON SO THAT THE STORM COULD RELAX WITH ALL THESE PEOPLE THINKING ITS LIKE IPHONE!!!!
0 Likes