STOP PUSHING JUNK TO MY PHONE!!!
WTH

Verizon,

This is getting ridiculous, You have pushed twice the apps to my phone then I have installed!!!!!! I don't understand is Verizon trying to make my phone totally useless? I know verizon hates competition so are you trying to flood everyone's phone so they wont have app room for anything but your apps? I know Verizon doesn't care but they will start loosing customers because of this..Starting with this one!!!! My contract was up three weeks ago and my business phone is up in three weeks so I am making sure that the next company\phone actually care about its users\customers and will not push unwanted\complete JUNK apps to peoples phones.

Sincerely,

Lost another one!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: STOP PUSHING JUNK TO MY PHONE!!!
StreetDocRN
Champion - Level 1

Hi,

Why did you install the apps?  All you have to do is delete the app or remove the app via Blackberry Desktop Manager.  The icon will still be pushed to your device, but the icon uses no space on your device.  You can hide the icon if you do not want to see it.  You can not stop those pushed icons to your device.  That is part of having a smartphone.  I am fairly sure that all other wireless providers do the same.  Just hide the icon you do not want and do not install the app and you will not have problems.

Doc

0 Likes
WTH

I have not installed any apps but The icons have to be taking up space even if its only 20k and with that said at what point is it not ok for verizon to use fill the memory on your 500 dollor smart phone. Verizon is getting paid for this and we all know this. You dont think they are choosing these crappy apps because they care and think we might like them!!! I understand that there is nothing I can do to stop them from pushing this stuff to MY phone, It is my phone I paid full price for it.

0 Likes
pennyaline

You can remove any data that came with the pushed icons and delete the icons at the same time.  Go to Options, then into Advanced Options. In Advanced Options, go to Service Book. The data for the programs you want to delete are there listed by program name. Just highlight and delete what you don't want, and it will be well and truly gone from your BlackBerry.

Be warned, however, that it will be pushed right back to your BB at some other time. When you see it reappear, go back through the steps above to get rid of pushed programs you don't want.

0 Likes
MambaFace

Seriously?

It's a link that they installed.  It takes up a ridiculously insignificant amount of space, to the point that there's no reason to even stress about it.  Just hide it, forget about it, and you won't ever notice the difference.

0 Likes