Rip-off on ringtones
basspro
Contributor - Level 1

I just upgraded my daughter's Curve 8330 to a Curve 8530. I wanted to transfer ringtones that she had purchased from Verizon, about 10 of them, and Verizon charged me $2.99 per ringtone! This is an absolute rip-off! I have already paid for these once, and as I see it, they should transfer free, just like paid apps in Blackberry World.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Rip-off on ringtones
StreetDocRN
Champion - Level 1

Hey,

I was just checking out the FAQs for ringtones and downloading them again to a new phone or even redownloading ringtones if you lost the original ringtone.  VZW does charge you again.  I agree totally that you should be able to download already purchased ringtones or apps again if you have paid for them.  You can try to call customer service.  Maybe you can get this problem solved.  Good luck.

Doc

0 Likes
SoccerRef
Contributor - Level 3

A couple of points. I thought Verizon is suppose to have a service to transfer paid apps to a new phone. Check the My Verizon website. Secondly you should be able to transfer all apps, contacts, emails, etc using DM device switch manager.

0 Likes
Tamika1
Contributor - Level 1

I understand you concern for being recharged for ringtones that have already been purchased but credits are only issued if the device is a replacement device. I hope this information helps.  

0 Likes
DCBCANES

Basspro don't buy them fron V anymore.  I use ZEDGE.NET, they have 1000's of ringtones for free!  Hope this helps in the future!

0 Likes
nmchileman
Master - Level 3

basspro wrote:

I just upgraded my daughter's Curve 8330 to a Curve 8530. I wanted to transfer ringtones that she had purchased from Verizon, about 10 of them, and Verizon charged me $2.99 per ringtone! This is an absolute rip-off! I have already paid for these once, and as I see it, they should transfer free, just like paid apps in Blackberry World.

Basspro you should know better. With your tenure here on the forums I'm surprised you didn't take advantage of the billion ways to get free ringtones.

It's so easy! 

Are you paying for visual voicemail too? That can be free too!

0 Likes
Punchhowzer

I dont know why we should have to go through such trouble....lets face it: if we purchased the ringtones, we should be able to keep them....this is a GROSS MISREPRESENTATION on the part of VERIZON WIRELESS nowhere in the fine print does it tell us that, "despite our "purchase of the ringtones" they remain the PROPERTY OF VERIZON and they disclose no first right of recision on ring tones....its merely a sleight of hand, if you ask me.  Under those terms, they are not really a, "purchase" but a lend/lease. 

Am I miffed? you betcha!!!  Why buy all these {word filter avoidance} ringtones in an effort to personalize ones phone, only to have to purchase them again two years later....its all {word filter avoidance}.

0 Likes
Android10
Contributor - Level 3

Ringtones that are purchased through Verizon Wireless on a particular phone are designated for that particular model of device.  This is in no way meant to inconvenience the customer, it is more of a measure to protect artists and designers who produce such media.  

My Media Retrieval gives customers who change their device through the Certified Like-New Replacement process, a device upgrade, or a device change, the ability to retrieve their previously purchased applications (games, productivity apps, and VZW Tones Ringtone content) for their new device. 

0 Likes