Recieving e-mail & Text messages
rss

I just recently returned from Aruba. All the time we were there I could not recieve or send e-mail or text messages. When I purchased the phone I was told that I would have "global" coverage on e-mails. Any comments. By the way I could not get into my voice mail account as well.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Receiving email & Text messages
Michele-VzW
Contributor - Level 2

Please check http://b2b.vzw.com/international/Global_Email/plans_coverage.html currently the map is only showing voice coverage in Aruba.  While the representative you spoke to was correct you should be able to text and email from most International destinations, not every place is currently available.  I apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused during your travels.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: Recieving e-mail & Text messages
kolotopiN-X
There are only two global Blackberrys available on the market which are the Blackberry Storm 9530 and the Blackberry World Edition 8830. If you do not have one of these Blackberrys you will not get global coverage. Please specify which device you are using.
0 Likes
rss

I have the Blackberry 9530.

0 Likes
rss
I have the Storm 9530
0 Likes
Michele-VzW
Contributor - Level 2

Please check http://b2b.vzw.com/international/Global_Email/plans_coverage.html currently the map is only showing voice coverage in Aruba.  While the representative you spoke to was correct you should be able to text and email from most International destinations, not every place is currently available.  I apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused during your travels.

0 Likes
kolotopiN-X
Since you have already left the country it will be hard to diagnose the problem but I would still bring it to a Verizon store to see if they can help. Make sure you have your settings on "Automatically choose CDMA/GSM" depending on where your location is.
0 Likes
rss
Michele, thanks for the info. I kind of suspected that it could be a coverage issue. However, I would think that I should have been able to get into my voice mail.
0 Likes
Michele-VzW
Contributor - Level 2
You're welcome.  It would be nice if we could check VM even if not in a covered area!
0 Likes