Re: FACEBOOK APP
CarolineNY

Hi - I am having the same issue.  My GPS is on, but am unable to select the option to "share my location with facebook" and hence not getting any places.  Help!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
JoeL_VZW
Verizon Employee

Its very frustrating not being able to use an application to its full potential. Please try to delete the application and re add it thru Appworld. Please remove the battery for 15 seconds then reinsert. Can you use the browser? Does Blackberry Maps work? Please let us know if these steps don't work. Thank you

View solution in original post

0 Likes
JoeL_VZW
Verizon Employee

Its very frustrating not being able to use an application to its full potential. Please try to delete the application and re add it thru Appworld. Please remove the battery for 15 seconds then reinsert. Can you use the browser? Does Blackberry Maps work? Please let us know if these steps don't work. Thank you

0 Likes
StreetDocRN
Champion - Level 1

Hi, CarolineNY,

First, make sure all of your location settings are set correctly.  If you are running the latest device software for your Blackberry Bold, go to Options>Device>Location Settings.  Make sure you have GPS Data Source set to Device GPS, Location Services set to Location ON, under Location Data, Setting is Enabled, and under Location Aiding, Setting to Enabled.  Be sure to save those settings.  Then, try opening the FaceBook app on your device and in the top row click on Places.  Click Check In.  If you already have saved a location, for example your home address or work place address, click on that location.  Otherwise, you can create a place by clicking on Add a Place.  Once you select the desired location, click on Check In and your location will be shared with your FaceBook contacts.  If this does not work for you, then you may have to delete the FaceBook app on your device through Blackberry App World and then reinstall the app.  Hope this helps you.

Doc

0 Likes