Quickpull...New Version
StreetDocRN
Champion - Level 1

Hey, all,

I was browsing over at Crackberry's site and see that Steelthorn has released an updated version of Quickpull.  If you are not familiar with Quickpull, it is an application which simulates a hard reset, like you get with a battery pull, to help keep your device running smooth.  Check out the article at http://crackberry.com/quickpull-v4-released-os-5-0-compatibility and see what you think.  I know a lot of folks had problems with Quickpull being compatible with the various OS5 releases for the various Blackberry devices.  The new 4.0 version is supposed to run great with OS 5.  Let me know what you think about Quickpull.

Doc

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Quickpull...New Version
morgangrace

I really liked quickpull on my 8330.  I just downloaded the new one on my 8530 and so far so good.  It is a great app!

0 Likes
GerIRL

I'm on a Tour 9630 running v5.0.0.591 (Bundle 1059, Platform 4.2.0.284) and Quickpull Pro 4.0.2 seems to work fine, except that it's gives a "Reset Complete - Press OK" message after it does a reset.  I would prefer if it didn't. 

0 Likes
SoccerRef
Contributor - Level 3

I just press the Alt-Right Shift-Del keys to do a reset. I've checked several different forums and they all agree that it does the same thing.

SoccerRef

0 Likes
StreetDocRN
Champion - Level 1

SoccerRef wrote:

I just press the Alt-Right Shift-Del keys to do a reset. I've checked several different forums and they all agree that it does the same thing.

SoccerRef

Hey,

That is performing a soft reset, which is not the same as a hard reset.  Removing the battery performs a hard reset.  The article at http://www.blackberry.com//btsc/dynamickc.do?cmd=show&forward=nonthreadedKC&docType=kc&externalId=KB... describes the differences.  I'm not really sure how they are exactly different since they appear to do the same thing.  Obviously, some devices thay have no keyboard or use the suretype keyboard like the Pearl and Storm can only do the hard reset.

Doc

0 Likes