Purchasing BlackBerry Storm
Coz4ever
Ok so everything I have read is telling me that if i were to go to verizon and upgrade my phone to the BB Storm that i would have to add the data package which i think is a complete rip off when i can go to At&t and get any phone (except the Iphone) without any data required. But if i were to purchase a storm from a friend of mine and not get it through verizon would i still have to add the data package? Basically its going to come down to if they want to keep me as a customer which i have been for about 5 or 6 years now, then I'm not adding the data package otherwise ill be unlocking the storm and going to At&t where i know i dont have to add the data package.
Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Purchasing BlackBerry Storm
DarkCobra
Contributor - Level 3

Hello and welcome.   Well, we'll wish you well over at AT&T because there's no way you're getting a Storm on Big Red without a data package.

dancingphone.gif

0 Likes
EVO_Unlimited
Contributor - Level 2

VZW really won't go and bend over backwards for one customer. If they do it for you, they'll have to do it for others. and I really don't think they'll care about losing 1 customer.  What's the point of getting a blackberry without data anyway?  You can't email, browse the web, download stuff, anything without it. All you have without the data is a phone with texting...

Why don't you just get a regular phone instead of a blackberry?  I don't know, just seems kind of pointless to get a BB withuot data.

Either way, you'll ahve to pay for the storm to be unlocked. Enjoy your AT&T service coverage...

0 Likes
NekoSaru
Contributor - Level 3

The Storm doesn't even have wifi so data is needed to really use it.

Even if you unlock it, I believe the wifi chip is not included in the device so you would need AT&T's data plan to still use data capabilities... which may or may not work on the device built for Verizon.

0 Likes
DarkCobra
Contributor - Level 3

"EVO & Neko" are both correct.   Why would you even want a Storm without a plan that allows you to use most of it?   It's like buying a ten cylinder Dodge Viper and disconnecting six of the cylinders.  Why?

dancingphone.gif

0 Likes
EVO_Unlimited
Contributor - Level 2
That was the best analogy ever DarkCobra... Kudos to you good sir.
0 Likes
Coz4ever

Because i want it. Why does someone buy something...because One the Need it or Two the WANT it. As of right now I dont want the data package that doesnt mean that a little way down the road I wouldnt add it. As of right now I dont have the ability to pay a phone bill of $100 but in a few months whos to say I wont be able to?? And no one even answered my question so re-read it. Ill pull the my whole family off the network.  Its pretty easy to get what you want from cell phone companies I should know i work for them. I could easily be on an employee plan with at&t and pay a fraction of what i pay now but i prefer verizon for their customer service.

{word filter avoidance}

Message Edited by BradC on 06-18-2009 03:08 PM
0 Likes
DarkCobra
Contributor - Level 3

OK

dancingphone.gif

0 Likes
NekoSaru
Contributor - Level 3

I believe DC did answer your question if you look again. They cannot let you use the phone without a package.

They would need to reprogram the computer system for it to not add a data package. If you work for a cellular company, you should know that not all systems are the same and some things just can not be done because I said jump.

It cannot be done. You may be able to get them to block data all together through customer service, but that also blocks pix /vid messages for some PDA's. But when you initially purchase, you HAVE to have a data plan.

0 Likes
EVO_Unlimited
Contributor - Level 2

We will re-answer your question. NO vzw will NOT give you a BB Storm plan withuot the data. All BB plans come with the data included in the plans price. The 99.99 covers your minutes, and data, I think unlimited txting is still extra and optional though.

vzw changed this a long time ago. They used to have the data as optional, but people weren't buying it, so they decided to include it in the plans.

If you can get AT&T so much cheaper, and you have all this special power getting things from the cell phone companies, then do so. Switch to AT&T and get the better deal.

There is litteraly no point in getting any BB without the data plan. Especially the Storm.

I have the storm and I pay about 150 a month for my plan... I now want to only pay 50 bucks a month, vzw better give me what I want, or I'm switching to AT&T... That's how you sound right now. VZW won't give you the BB withuot data, they do NOT offer any plans as such, and they don't offer cutom plans just because you threaten to take you and your family off of the service.

You're more than welcome to try, here's the number - (800) 922-0204  Let us know how you made out.

Message Edited by EVO_Unlimited on 06-18-2009 03:18 PM
0 Likes